- What can you say about "Ace of Spades
ic album would become Motorhead's most successful studio release and lead to them becoming one of the most popular bands on the planet for a glorious but sadly all too brief period in the early eighties.
- The title track, with its dirty fast riffing and pounding rhythm, is a hard rock classic which has become engrained on the public's consciousness. If you mention Motörhead
to anyone who's not into rock music and they claim they've never heard of them, just name-check "Ace of Spades
" and they'll instantly know who you mean.
- But there's so much more to enjoy on this album, as the band confidently pound out some outstanding rock songs constructed around solid riffs. These include "Shoot You In The Back", which continues the wild west theme of "Ace of Spades
"'and the magnificent "The Chase Is Better Than The Catch".
- Fast Eddie Clarke
is on the top of his game deLive
ring some furious soloing and innovative instrumental breaks (most notably on "Fast And
Loose" and "Jailbait
- But the songs that stand out have to be "We Are The Road Crew
", a thundering tribute to the guys who keep Motorhead on the road and "The Hammer
", which screams along at 100 miles an hour on a ridiculously simple but incredibly catchy riff.
- This is an awesome album and arguably Motorhead's finest hour !