Nerds Central >> Physics!
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Friday 23 September 2011 - 02:34:13
really? interesting. If this is true, scientists not only could we travel at the speed of light, but ultimately time travel.

Friday 23 September 2011 - 02:41:45

citation :
miniradman says : really? interesting. If this is true, scientists not only could we travel at the speed of light, but ultimately time travel.

Well... time paradoxes would then occur. It would be interesting, but ultimately everything would be rearranged in time.

Friday 23 September 2011 - 02:43:27
hmmm. Mercernarion, do you believe in the parrallel Universe theory when it comes to time travel or something else?

Friday 23 September 2011 - 03:10:38

citation :
miniradman says : hmmm. Mercernarion, do you believe in the parrallel Universe theory when it comes to time travel or something else?

Parallel universes aren't what you think they are. For example: in a parallel Universe, the strong Nuclear force might not exist, making everything that could be just elementary particles floating around.

Friday 23 September 2011 - 05:18:55
okay... i'm confused... but you're saying there may not be a strong force that hold everything we know together? making the parallel universe... not real... that makes sense to me at least...

oh can someone please explain what the Hell dark matter is supposed to be..
Friday 23 September 2011 - 05:22:39

citation :
blackhawk308 says : okay... i'm confused... but you're saying there may not be a strong force that hold everything we know together? making the parallel universe... not real... that makes sense to me at least...

oh can someone please explain what the Hell dark matter is supposed to be..

1. In an alternate Universe, the strong Nuclear force may not exist as it does in our universe. Just an example.

2. There are many different views on that. I am very knowledgeable when it comes to dark matter/energy.

Dark matter is intrinsically holding everything with Mass together while Dark Energy expands the Universe (the universal constant). If the dark matter were to not maintain the mass' structure, the Dark Energy expansion would most likely disassociate everything.

This is just my view though, other views exist.

Friday 23 September 2011 - 05:26:17
makes sense to me. basically.. simply it's Dark Matter is invisible glue attached to all matter and Dark Energy is like an invisible wind that cannot be felt, but is constantly pushing the boundaries of our physical universe...
Friday 23 September 2011 - 05:28:02

citation :
blackhawk308 says : makes sense to me. basically.. simply it's Dark Matter is invisible glue attached to all matter and Dark Energy is like an invisible wind that cannot be felt, but is constantly pushing the boundaries of our physical universe...

In layman's terms, yes.

Friday 23 September 2011 - 05:30:49
i like to simplify things... metaphors and similes are my friends. because if i can't make a comparison to something that is right, then i don't understand it most the time...

and what's this i've heard about molecules that 'teleport' onto the other sides of objects... all i know is that it has something to do with Quantum Mechanics.
Friday 23 September 2011 - 05:50:19

citation :
blackhawk308 says : i like to simplify things... metaphors and similes are my friends. because if i can't make a comparison to something that is right, then i don't understand it most the time...

and what's this i've heard about molecules that 'teleport' onto the other sides of objects... all i know is that it has something to do with Quantum Mechanics.

That is quantum tunneling. It is a associated with electrons.