European Mythologies >> Pagan cultures ruined by Christianity
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Monday 11 July 2011 - 17:13:17

citation :
miniradman says :

citation :
AnaGuard says : Nowadays, religion is the most profitable organisation.

Yeah, a little daunting when you see priests (here in Australia, I'm not sure how the preists operate around the world) ask donations to the chrch, and to the poor countries ect... but then, you see them drive out in a $500,000 car... 0

There was a big shitstorm about this I couldn't help but laugh 0

If I were you I punched the shit out of that 'priest' really... this can piss me so off.

@ Ephiros: you last statement is partly correct: science and reason have taken over with many people. Though there are still people, and I'm talking about ALOT (not just people who go to church or express their Faith in public), that still can't live without religion. it creates for them a (false) Item to hold on to in times they are in trouble or see things they can't believe (death, life, Evil,...)
These masses are weak sheep for the money hungry Beast caled religion/church. they keep the lot dumb (even now, with al those science). Don't believe me? Cfr: scientology, creationism, the 3 book religions.

The question is: will these people will ever get rid of their unhelthy faith. The Answer is NO, probabely not the first decades. As the global popularity of religion decreases, the amount of fanatics, die-hards,... only increase even more. Man is a religious animal... instinct can not be changed

Monday 11 July 2011 - 20:40:04

citation :
Panzerjager says : Man is a religious animal... instinct can not be changed

True. But, I think that Faith is an individual thing. You don't have to believe in anything if you don't want to.

For example, I believe in my old pencil, it brings me luck, but it's honestly stupid. Things can't bring you luck, but I feel better when I see it. Weird.

Monday 11 July 2011 - 21:12:38

citation :
Ephiros says : I don't think religion nowdays got any more influence on people, sciences cames up and people only listen to that (at least in occidental part, there is always religion war on oriental)

So to say; "Thank heavens for that!" Lucky us! Have the idea I wouldn't have survived long say 500 years ago

Yeah, religion is fading in the West. A fine part of the East is Islam territory and they are kind of in their middle ages. Islam is about 600 years younger than Christianity, look back at what the Christians were doing back in 1400, exactly, slaugthering everyone that crossed them, and if lacking such,  bloodily feuding amongst each other.

We don't need any gods and we don't need their churches either, good thing to see that these dinosaurs are slowly sliding towards their extinction!

Monday 11 July 2011 - 21:29:13
I love pagans because they have no churches, no organisations.
True pagans, I mean.

Fields are their churches...

Tuesday 12 July 2011 - 01:03:19
For awhile I considered becoming a pagan. I had a friend who was Pagan, and I was asking her about what it was about. She told me that once you become a Pagan, you can't go back, so I gave up on the idea.
I personally believe Christianity ruined Pagan cultures.
Why do you think Varg Vikernes burned all those churches?
I think it was because the churches were built on Pagan Shrines and graves, and the Christians came and built churches over them, ignorant of the land around them.
And Ephiros ironically has Varg Vikernes as his avatar.
Was that when he was still incarcerated?

Tuesday 12 July 2011 - 05:44:42
Well I guess you could refer to me as a "Pagan".

(Boring History Lesson ) Well Christianity was first brought out here (Arizona & New Mexico) by the Spanish, late 1500's.

At first the Natives didn't take it seriously. The Pueblos merely Saw Jesus Christ as the Spanish Kachina. They were more than willing to had him to their collection. The Navajos (my tribe) and Apache on the other Hand couldn't take it seriously. They Saw it as a "part time" religion. That the Christ GOD only had Power on Sundays, and only in the Church building. Some Navajo elderly still have this belief.

Well the Pueblos were FORCED to become Christians. If they didn't they had their arms cut off, or they were burned as witches. The priests burned their Kachina dolls and masks, desecrated their sacred Kivas. They whipped them, branded them, mutilated them. Many of them came to the Navajos with these scars and the Navajo knew not to Trust the Missionaries. So when the missionaries came, the Navajos just ignored them. Better than what the Hopi did, the Hopi just killed all the priests that came to visit them.

To this day we get loads of missionaries, Catholics, Presbyterians, Methodists, Baptists, Evangelicals, even damn Mormons . They still try to convert the Heathen Indians I guess. Sometimes it works, I meet some Christian Navajos who talk Down to me for being a Traditional. They say to me that the old gods are satanic or are fake. They even go as Far as saying that our own ancestors are Burning In Hell because they Refused to become Christians.

If another Native wants to be Christian that's their business. But when they turn around and talk like that then it gets under my skin. I'm not bigoted or at least I don't think so, but it seems like Christianity has ruined some Indians. Or maybe they were just bad people to begin with. Christians aren't bad folk, some just try to help even when it seems unnecessary. They're still annoying though

Tuesday 12 July 2011 - 14:28:45

citation :
DoomMetalPrincess dit : For awhile I considered becoming a pagan. I had a friend who was Pagan, and I was asking her about what it was about. She told me that once you become a Pagan, you can't go back, so I gave up on the idea.
I personally believe Christianity ruined Pagan cultures.
Why do you think Varg Vikernes burned all those churches?
I think it was because the churches were built on Pagan Shrines and graves, and the Christians came and built churches over them, ignorant of the land around them.
And Ephiros ironically has Varg Vikernes as his avatar.
Was that when he was still incarcerated?

It isnt ironically, I like this guy and the stuff he do, I don't fit with all his idea but I like the way he want his Pagan culture back and destroy the christianny churches, they was not welcome, they imposed their rules and destroy their old traditions, I like the way he love his country. Of course I don't fit with the murder and his 'old' racists mind. And yea this pic was in prison.

Tuesday 12 July 2011 - 19:41:58
Yeah, well. He did used to be a neo-nazi. And started the whole NSBM scene.

Tuesday 12 July 2011 - 20:41:26

citation :
DoomMetalPrincess says : Yeah, well. He did used to be a neo-nazi. And started the whole NSBM scene.

How was Varg ever a Nazi?
People seem to take that meaning from what he's said in the past and then made Burzum fanart featuring swastikas and the like, but Varg's denied it countless times.
And oh, the whole church burning things had less to do with paganism so much as it had to do with the Fact that, in his mind, he found that Norwegian culture was taken away from everyone in the 1100s by Christianity and now Norwegian culture is not taught--only Christian culture is taught. He wanted to change that and give Norwegians their culture back. He's fine with religion so long as no one is forced to believe it.

Tuesday 12 July 2011 - 21:38:54

citation :
DoomMetalPrincess says : Yeah, well. He did used to be a neo-nazi. And started the whole NSBM scene.

You have to explain me how he helped to start any NSBM scene without any word of racism in his lyrics. You got HP Lovecraft as Avatar, despite of his awesome books, he was known to be racist as Hell, does it make you racist too ? No.