About Spirit of Metal >> Improvement of Spirit of Metal
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Saturday 20 February 2010 - 23:03:59

citation :
BlackForst says : Maby som should have a live chat if u know what i mean.

There's already one. If you scroll up, you can see the "chat" button. I've never tried it though.

Sunday 21 February 2010 - 00:02:29
i tried using it a while back, i think it's entirely in French, and i don't think anyone was on there either.

Sunday 21 February 2010 - 13:21:56
oh yeah... but it could be in english and not in french...
dont understand anything

Monday 15 March 2010 - 01:57:29
We could always make an IRC channel if we want a chatroom.

Thursday 18 March 2010 - 11:02:51
Hey! This is a suggestion for the reviews page

I propose a "Summary" box where you can type up a small summary of the album, and this can show in italics on top of the review next to the score for people who don't want to read a whole review!

And if it makes the homepage, instead of...

Low Frequencies : The Styx
This has been a very difficult one for me, reviewing something outside of your field is always rather tricky. But since I am a reviewer, getting a
JoeNoctus : 12/20

It can show the summary. It's a lot more direct and displays a much better opinion rather than the introductory lines, especially since most of my reviews feature a small history as the first few lines rather than an opinion on the album - which is more appropriate to show on the homepage. 

Monday 05 April 2010 - 05:18:15
I would like to see a link on the home page that would take you to a current and complete list of new releases.  I think it would be great and simple way to always know what's out there.

Monday 05 April 2010 - 20:45:28
I think they should make some improvements on the calender.  Like have birthdays say blue, and have CD releases the same color, and then you could have the current date in like Red or something. 

Another thing I noticed is some of the reviewers for lyric updates aren't very good.  Like I was told you have bad format.  That helps me in no way because I have no idea what to do to correct the lyrics.  Do I put it into lines(thats what the SoM wiki says), or do I leave it as is in paragraph form?  The last time I posted lyrics I was told paragraph form was okay. 

As for a radio, why don't you see if you can cut a deal with Pandora radio?  You just type in a song name or band, and then it comes back with similar stuff.  You guys could do something similar or there could be a suggestion forum for the radio.

Thanks for reading.

Tuesday 20 April 2010 - 06:31:27
0 I have a suggestion.  My idea is to offer more friend invite suggestions, or perhaps add a refresh button to refresh and bring in new friend invite suggestions.  I've had the same list of friend invite suggestions for weeks now, and all my requests have been rejected.  Part of the problem the way I see it is that there is no browse profiles (at least not that I'm aware of) on this site.

Tuesday 20 April 2010 - 06:41:06

I would like to see a clock, that shows the French time.  It would let us see the time differences , between SOM time, and the time of our own countries. That could be especially informative for those of us who don't live in Europe.

Tuesday 20 April 2010 - 07:00:44
How about a radio station where the users can create their own playlists?

Spirit of Metal Webzine 2003-2024
site developed and maintained by Spirit of Metal Team