About Spirit of Metal >> Improvement of Spirit of Metal
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Tuesday 20 April 2010 - 12:48:35

citation :
marshal1964 says : 0 I have a suggestion.  My idea is to offer more friend invite suggestions, or perhaps add a refresh button to refresh and bring in new friend invite suggestions.  I've had the same list of friend invite suggestions for weeks now, and all my requests have been rejected.  Part of the problem the way I see it is that there is no browse profiles (at least not that I'm aware of) on this site.
Go to Private Space and you will see a link to all the members of Spirit Of Metal

Thursday 22 April 2010 - 00:11:43
That is a little ridiculous that there is a link for everyone

Friday 30 April 2010 - 00:58:23

citation :
xrangerx777x says : That is a little ridiculous that there is a link for everyone

Why so?

Saturday 01 May 2010 - 06:27:35
I'm not saying it's bad or anything.  I just think you should have to ask someone for their code.  I don't know if you can just look it up, but still.

Saturday 22 May 2010 - 14:43:48

citation :
xrangerx777x says : I'm not saying it's bad or anything.  I just think you should have to ask someone for their code.  I don't know if you can just look it up, but still.

Well, most sites work like that, there isn't really anything new so I suppose people should be getting used to it by now. This is supposed to be a community so yes, there's a link and a personal space for everyone. Besides, if you don't wish to, you don't have to place any personal information on your profile with the exception, of course, of the nickname and country (which everyone can lie about).

Saturday 10 July 2010 - 02:38:59
I've just come across some issues and I am up to some good ideas...

Recently, I've posted an interview and there is one little mistake I made, now I can't go back to edit it. I believe the person who is responsible for the interview should have the advantage of being able to edit his/her interview just like how it is with the reviews.

I shouldn't have to be bothering anyone, wasting their time, ordering them to fix it when I can deal with the simple mistake myself. It's easier if you deal with it yourself rather than directing people and giving blurred words of instructions.

Another thing - When you post the interview, it shouldn't have boxes for the questions and answers. Just copy and paste the whole interview, then somehow mandate the usage of 'Bold' for the questions and say that otherwise it will not be posted! Less confusion with what/where you are copying and pasting the interview. It would be a lot quicker and much more accurate, in my opinion.

Lastly... The process of approving a band or an info update on the bands profile takes ages! Ask for more help! First Circle folks shouldn't have a go at it alone... I added one picture of a band, that took almost a week! If your hands are full, please save us the trouble, let us be useful to you.

Wednesday 14 July 2010 - 22:38:43
"The process of approving a band or an info update on the bands profile takes ages!"

agreed. also theres some minor bugs like my signature which i cant edit. cant add friends either..

Friday 16 July 2010 - 07:58:37
err, new bug : only quick answer works "post reply" dont work.

tried to add news of Unholy for band forums but it didnt work

Anyways, heres latest news as i couldnt add em:
As commented on official sites, we will release all demos on gatefold double pic vinyls during this summer via Northern Heritage Records, as well as a complete Unholy history booklet , to be sold with the vinyls. The booklet will cover the years 1988-2002, with new comments and “delicious” disclosures from original members. We promise, it’s going to be very interesting…

Peaceville Records recently bought the release rights for Unholy from Avantgarde Music and negotiations about the the reissue of all studio albums on Peaceville are coming along. First re-issues with new cover-art out in this fall.

There have also been negotiations with Relapse Records about some merchandise stuff (shirts etc) in the near future.

More news here (updated twice a week) : http://metal-blogs.com/unholy/

Thursday 22 July 2010 - 19:39:58

citation :
marshal1964 says : How about a radio station where the users can create their own playlists?

For example in germany it costs you about 30 € for a Stream host, 30 € for german music licence association fee and about 50 € artists license fee.....per month !!

I still run my own station, but Meanwhile it is too expensive for doing it alone.

If there are any interested people who want to create a Spirit of Metal Radio and share the costs, let me know.

I think Spirit of Metal would have a lot of listeners and maybe a radio could be payed by commercial deals after a while if it would be successful.

For someone alone...it is too expensive.

Think about it.

Friday 23 July 2010 - 19:06:09

citation :
Kerbinator says :

citation :
marshal1964 says : How about a radio station where the users can create their own playlists?

For example in germany it costs you about 30 € for a Stream host, 30 € for german music licence association fee and about 50 € artists license fee.....per month !!

I still run my own station, but Meanwhile it is too expensive for doing it alone.

If there are any interested people who want to create a Spirit of Metal Radio and share the costs, let me know.

I think Spirit of Metal would have a lot of listeners and maybe a radio could be payed by commercial deals after a while if it would be successful.

For someone alone...it is too expensive.

Think about it.

sounds like a great idea, i'm outta money right now, but otherwise i'd love to pitch in on it, it could help draw in some new members, i almost did a radio show for a website called Brutal Existence Radio, i never got around to actually doing it though