Ready... action! >> Family Guy!
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Friday 15 April 2011 - 04:46:07
You haven't heard of Citizen Kane, The Shining and A Clockwork Orange? I'd never call myself a film expert, Hell, I only usually watch movies as a social-gathering type thing, but really, I thought those movies were common knowledge.

Infinity isn't a critical guy at all, to be honest he strikes me as somebody who'd be one of them "sensitive guys" if i met him IRL. Just because he doesn't like shit you like doesn't make him critical of everything...

anyways. Because my taste in TV isn't that good, I prefer later episodes of Family Guy because it's evolved from "explicit ripoff of The Simpsons" to "cartoon sitcom with retarded offensive clips and pop culture references" which is just the way I like it. It's not SUPPOSED to be thought-provoking or profound or shit like that, it's dumb entertainment, and we all need a bit of that every once in a while.

Friday 15 April 2011 - 04:54:00
Infinity, your taste in film is fucking perfect.

And Enig is correct. Family Guy isn't supposed to be intelligent at all. Compared to a lot of shit on TV lately, I say it is a pretty damn good show. At least it is better than season +20 The Simpsons.

Friday 15 April 2011 - 05:08:00

citation :
Enigmatick says : Infinity isn't a critical guy at all, to be honest he strikes me as somebody who'd be one of them "sensitive guys" if i met him IRL. Just because he doesn't like shit you like doesn't make him critical of everything...

what???, I'm just saying he just seems like a critical type of guy. He either Fucking Hates it or Fucking loves it. NoNe of this in between stuff.

Common knowledge aye???

I'm from the other side of the Earth mate 0

citation :
anyways. Because my taste in TV isn't that good, I prefer later episodes of Family Guy because it's evolved from "explicit ripoff of The Simpsons" to "cartoon sitcom with retarded offensive clips and pop culture references" which is just the way I like it. It's not SUPPOSED to be thought-provoking or profound or shit like that, it's dumb entertainment, and we all need a bit of that every once in a while.

what makes me laugh is how true some of what they show is and how they make a Mock of American Politics.

Friday 15 April 2011 - 13:41:39

citation :
Enigmatick says : anyways. Because my taste in TV isn't that good, I prefer later episodes of Family Guy because it's evolved from "explicit ripoff of The Simpsons" to "cartoon sitcom with retarded offensive clips and pop culture references" which is just the way I like it. It's not SUPPOSED to be thought-provoking or profound or shit like that, it's dumb entertainment, and we all need a bit of that every once in a while.

Well unintelligent goofy comedy is okay, but not when it's actually irritating to watch. I feel like watching newer episodes of Family Guy is like an endurance round. I never laugh once, I just kinda sit there staring blankly at the TV. So yeah, I just don't like Family Guy. Merc's right though; the new Simpsons episodes are worse. Not only that but Family Guy recycles their own jokes over and over and over. The greased up deaf guy was never at any point funny, yet they show him like 5 times. To me that's like dangling keys over a baby's Head, or something. The only jokes they can come up with (now) are cutaway scenes, 70s/80s references, and jokes that take WAAAAAAY too long to watch. Like the joke where 'Donny Most' or something rises out of the fog (INCREDIBLY slowly) and then says one thing, and then goes back Down again. I timed it; it takes 50 seconds.

citation :
miniradman says :
what???, I'm just saying he just seems like a critical type of guy. He either Fucking Hates it or Fucking loves it. NoNe of this in between stuff. 

Well, Family Guy is something I really don't like, and when you ask what kinds of films I like, of course I'm gonna respond with my favorite films ever. (By the way, Forgot to add Shawshank Redemption and Spirirted Away to my list). There are bunches of stuff I only 'like'. For example, Castle in the Sky, How to Train your Dragon, The Matrix, Stage Fright... well, I won't bother going on because I could go on forever.

About the films you don't know about, I don't really take you for a film buff anyway so it doesn't really matter. I'd recommend seeing every movie on my list, though. Except maybe A Clockwork Orange; a lot of people can't handle that movie.

Saturday 16 April 2011 - 21:23:43
I guess you're just not a "retarded humor" kinda guy. Understandable, I suppose...remember, you're talking with a bunch of 15 year olds here, I'm sure people who are older share similar taste to yours.

Sunday 17 April 2011 - 14:48:45

citation :
Enigmatick says : I guess you're just not a "retarded humor" kinda guy. Understandable, I suppose...remember, you're talking with a bunch of 15 year olds here, I'm sure people who are older share similar taste to yours.

ahahaha... he's not that old

Sunday 17 April 2011 - 20:18:22
Never said he was, he just has a more matured taste in movies/TV.

Monday 18 April 2011 - 02:10:29

citation :
Enigmatick says : Never said he was, he just has a more matured taste in movies/TV.

I agree, lets say something on the lines of... R18+ 0

Monday 18 April 2011 - 02:23:45
Aww, everyone's talking about me! 0
Oh, and everyone watches R movies before they're actually 18--and most of the movies on my list aren't R.
(Godfather used to be R but nowadays it's considered 14A)

Monday 18 April 2011 - 02:24:29
If this were a real-life conversation, this is about the time where I would let out awkward forced laughter, say "oh look at the time" and get the Hell out of there.

EDIT: FUCK YOU INFINITY. Your post got in the way, so my snide Sarcasm didn't flow as well.