Musicians >> Do You Sing and/or Growl?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Tuesday 06 July 2010 - 12:28:45

citation :
You also need to manipulate your diaphragm, as for any growl!

Completely agree, 'shriek' needs more pressure than growl. That's why you must train and develop your diaphragm that helps you to work with a deep low breathing. Also keep an eye on your shoulders. It mustn't "twitch" during drowling or screaming. In the case when it does, it always Means your breathing are wrong. Just breathe with your stomach and try to increase the pressure bit by bit. It should help you to make 'shrieks' higher. Good luck

Wednesday 07 July 2010 - 04:49:57
Creatio, well, I already knew the part about the diaphragm. But thank you for the other part. I'm not sure if there are any vocals besides these already said that can't do... except opera...

Now I have everything, and will be training on shrieks. Although, in the past I have tried and it sounded like Pig squeals (Grindcore) vocals (not what I wanted). Thank you for the technique advice on shrieks.

Saturday 17 July 2010 - 09:37:08
I can growl, my growls are extremely deep, although my vocals aren't that deep (Low G) .

Saturday 07 August 2010 - 20:09:05
My speaking Voice is quite deep and dark of its own. When I try to growl, the sound differs often. One time I can go quite deep the other time I keep it quite flat ( bit like Gojira)

Thursday 26 August 2010 - 21:10:16
yeeh i do growl, been doing it for about 4 years now, I also have a band and i do the guitar and vocals, its very fucking cool to do that but if make a mistake the whole song might get screwed haha

Tuesday 04 January 2011 - 12:37:46
I can growl 0 

if anyone wants to learn I'll teach 0  

I want to learn how to do a Black Metal Style scream, does anyone know how to do those

Tuesday 04 January 2011 - 22:52:28

citation :
miniradman says : I can growl 0 

if anyone wants to learn I'll teach 0  

I want to learn how to do a Black Metal Style scream, does anyone know how to do those

i sorta do... the way i do it s essentially the same way i do guttural vocals, by usin my diaphragm, it takes a long time to get it to sound decent though, my best advice is pick a Black Metal album that you really enjoy, and play it over and over and try to "sing-along" to the vocals on all the tracks, at least thats what i did with Naglfar's album Harvest

Wednesday 05 January 2011 - 03:48:49
I can get the tone sort of but I cannot keep it for long.

Wednesday 05 January 2011 - 15:03:39

citation :
miniradman says : I can get the tone sort of but I cannot keep it for long.

practice, practice,... and training your throat and way of breathing. Important rule: if you are having pain= you're doing something wrong.
It takes a while to be able to perform these vocals properly but don't give up and keep trying.

edit: another important note: drink much water or thea before and after you practiced. This way of singign dries you out quickly and your vocal chords need to be kept 'wet' and 'greased'. DONT drink coffee or alcohol before or while you are doing this. This Ruins your vocal chords.

Wednesday 05 January 2011 - 22:44:17
yeah, totally agree, liquids definantly help alot, i prefer Sprite myself0