Musicians >> Do You Sing and/or Growl?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Tuesday 13 April 2010 - 22:09:28
If I drink enough liquids and my throat in the inside is WET, then I can do a decent exhaled gargling growl sound. However, I'm not very good at shouting it out and can do only a low deep quiet growl like Chris Barnes'.

But indeed, it takes lots of practice and I try to imitate to the vocalized jingles I listen to on a daily basis. 0

Tuesday 13 April 2010 - 22:40:21
I can sing, I can growl [ but not for long periods of time] but I just don't. 0

Wednesday 14 April 2010 - 20:52:50
i growl when puking lol :D

Friday 16 April 2010 - 21:28:24
I do growl . I like to , even in the shower 0  . I ruin my throat everytime , so i guess my technique is wrong . But i can do it . I cant follow the light screechy growl that accompany the main as support .

Tuesday 20 April 2010 - 19:06:14

citation :
1Archon1 says : I do growl . I like to , even in the shower 0  . I ruin my throat everytime , so i guess my technique is wrong . But i can do it . I cant follow the light screechy growl that accompany the main as support .

If it's hurting you, you're doing it wrong. If you keep doing it that way you're going to damage your vocal cords. What kind of growl are you doing? Whatever kind it is, your diaphragm should be doing most of the work, not your throat. Forcing it will just cause damage.

Wednesday 21 April 2010 - 14:54:48

citation :
CreatioExMateria says :

citation :
1Archon1 says : I do growl . I like to , even in the shower 0  . I ruin my throat everytime , so i guess my technique is wrong . But i can do it . I cant follow the light screechy growl that accompany the main as support .

If it's hurting you, you're doing it wrong. If you keep doing it that way you're going to damage your vocal cords. What kind of growl are you doing? Whatever kind it is, your diaphragm should be doing most of the work, not your throat. Forcing it will just cause damage.

True enough . But i am doing it since i started singing metal . And thats years and years to go , with no actual damage . Apart that , i have no intention to go ask someone for growling lessons . So now , unless someone begs me to teach me how to do this right , Nothing is gona change 0

Monday 26 April 2010 - 22:05:53
I do growls (well I sing along with Desire and Sarkus sometimes and my Voice sounds pretty growl-y)

Monday 05 July 2010 - 16:35:24
I'm a singer in the metal-band)

Monday 05 July 2010 - 20:21:06
Yes. To me: growls, screams, Power Metal vocals (starting to be able to do them), and regular vocals. It's all pretty easy to me... but Black Metal shrieks (what I call them) are impossible to me .

Is there some technique or something you need to accomplish them?

Monday 05 July 2010 - 22:31:58

citation :
Mercenarion says : Yes. To me: growls, screams, Power Metal vocals (starting to be able to do them), and regular vocals. It's all pretty easy to me... but Black Metal shrieks (what I call them) are impossible to me .

Is there some technique or something you need to accomplish them?

While growls come from "false" vocal cords that are low, Black Metal 'shrieks' come from higher in your throat. Try a sound from around your Adam's apple. You also need to manipulate your diaphragm, as for any growl!