About Spirit of Metal >> About this forum
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Wednesday 21 October 2009 - 12:05:08

citation :
GandhiEgo says : Question of personal taste in my book. Only a few people, including me, have such signatures which basically Means that once you've opened pages with such signatures once, they should reload easily since cookies are stored on your comp (unless you delete them each time you close/open your browser!). Go broadband!

But seriously, who wants to see your bookshelf over and over again? Wouldn't it be better to have 'em in your personal page or something?

citation :
Grown up? Me? Haha, I wish I were...

Grown up from the picture books was my point. Didn't mean adult

Wednesday 21 October 2009 - 12:28:09
Get over it, it's no big deal. If you don't want to see pictures, just use Adblock and block the said pictures, that's what I do!

See this picture of my screen?... no banners, no annoying ads...

Wednesday 21 October 2009 - 12:28:17
well.. i really dont see the problem.
there are no signatures taking one full page. as long as they stay in this dimensions.
if one day the forum will get this big and active that these signatures will bother to follow we can think about a change.

Saturday 27 March 2010 - 18:20:11
Hey everyone,

I asked Kivan to increase the number of visible forums.

As you may have noticed already, now you can see all sections that were hidden (I thought it would be good so we won't forget about these forums).

Tuesday 03 May 2011 - 19:32:20
You must have noticed that the forums are suffering some changes.

We deleted the Miscellaneous Threads which had basically the same kind of issues as the forum General Discussions and mingled it with the latter.
Most old topics were erased, specially the ones that lead to no discussion at all (such as advertising, old tours, etc.).
We also managed to erase all the duplicated paths for the moved forums, which were very annoying.

If you have any more suggestions for Improvement, feel free to express them. To be honest, there is one forum I can grasp the meaning of, which is "Metal Arena". The topics inside are the same we find in the other music sections ("Which band is the best...", "Band VS Band"...) and I think this forum should be deleted and the threads should be distributed by metal genre forums.

Tuesday 03 May 2011 - 22:29:17

citation :
Earine says : You must have noticed that the forums are suffering some changes.

We deleted the Miscellaneous Threads which had basically the same kind of issues as the forum General Discussions and mingled it with the latter.
Most old topics were erased, specially the ones that lead to no discussion at all (such as advertising, old tours, etc.).
We also managed to erase all the duplicated paths for the moved forums, which were very annoying.

If you have any more suggestions for Improvement, feel free to express them. To be honest, there is one forum I can grasp the meaning of, which is "Metal Arena". The topics inside are the same we find in the other music sections ("Which band is the best...", "Band VS Band"...) and I think this forum should be deleted and the threads should be distributed by metal genre forums.

^ What she said

Wednesday 04 May 2011 - 13:50:08

citation :
Earine says : You must have noticed that the forums are suffering some changes.

mhm...
The "Metal Arena" was just an idea that I found and thought it would have been a good idea. Its just a place for all the polls and stuff like "Which album is the best for band X" ect. I did it just to spark a little more discussion (which didn't work) 0

citation :
I asked Kivan to increase the number of visible forums.

As you may have noticed already, now you can see all sections that were hidden (I thought it would be good so we won't forget about these forums).

The Sad thing is that... there was only 1 hidden forum 0

Wednesday 04 May 2011 - 16:37:21

citation :
miniradman says :
mhm...
The "Metal Arena" was just an idea that I found and thought it would have been a good idea. Its just a place for all the polls and stuff like "Which album is the best for band X" ect. I did it just to spark a little more discussion (which didn't work) 0

It was a good idea, except for the fact that people seem to use the "genre" forums most to discuss those. And it makes sense. I didn't want to erase the forum "Metal Arena" without a discussion first, since you are making sections to improve the forum and it would be disrespectful to delete it without warning.

citation :
The Sad thing is that... there was only 1 hidden forum 0

That was a long time ago. We could only see like... 10 forums in the front page.

Wednesday 04 May 2011 - 16:41:49
Oh, it disappeared.

Wednesday 04 May 2011 - 18:29:55

citation :
Earine says : Oh, it disappeared.

If you are refering to the "metal Arena" I have already deleted and moved the topics to their appropriet destinations 0

That forum was literally 2 days old and didn't have that many topics on it anyway 0