About Spirit of Metal >> About this forum
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Thursday 10 September 2009 - 14:58:36
yes the chat button next to the "personal forums"
you only need java for this. with my laptop its not working eigher without installing something. but we discussed that already in the first circle forum. and i´m quite sure there will be another chat-function someday.
but you can try if its working with your pc.

Thursday 10 September 2009 - 15:06:49
I tried it a couple times. You definitely need to install/update java on your PC.

It works though. It will ask for your login/password and that's it!

Friday 11 September 2009 - 00:38:54
No thanks. No more chatting, argh.

Tuesday 15 September 2009 - 21:42:26

citation :
skinless says :

citation :
NaTyMeTaL says : Where it is the thread that say: Say something about the person above?
And the other that say: Song battle, something like that XD

they are now in the private chit-chat forum.
just click HERE

and the games and quizzes you find now HERE

YAY thanks a lot hun!

Tuesday 20 October 2009 - 10:58:27
Ok, I'm an old geezer and thus ranting

One thing here really annoys me and that's the big or even animated signature pics.
It gets pretty frustrating to scroll Down through those...

Some simple rules for using those please. Don't want to bound anyone's artistic freedom (any own pics there BTW? ) but on the other scale there is readability...

Tuesday 20 October 2009 - 12:24:41

citation :
S1mppa says : Ok, I'm an old geezer and thus ranting

One thing here really annoys me and that's the big or even animated signature pics.
It gets pretty frustrating to scroll Down through those...

Some simple rules for using those please. Don't want to bound anyone's artistic freedom (any own pics there BTW? ) but on the other scale there is readability...

Yeah I agree, they are a bit bothersome.

Tuesday 20 October 2009 - 13:09:34
Well, that's the point of having signatures. Some prefer kindergarten philosophy some prefer pics or what not. I don't think there should be limitations except for racial stuff.

Tuesday 20 October 2009 - 23:59:55

citation :
GandhiEgo says : Well, that's the point of having signatures. Some prefer kindergarten philosophy some prefer pics or what not. I don't think there should be limitations except for racial stuff.

They lag a lot though =/

Wednesday 21 October 2009 - 08:35:19

citation :
GandhiEgo says : Well, that's the point of having signatures. Some prefer kindergarten philosophy some prefer pics or what not. I don't think there should be limitations except for racial stuff.

Well, if you go through let's say a thread with several pages and have to watch some of those Gore animations several times...

Doesn't just look stylish. Merely a mess. For example as an effect some blinking lights might be a good idea but using them at every sentence is irritating. Same thing with CAPS and enormous signatures...

I know that e.g. Korg forums might look boring, but it's clear and very readable, even with a mobile phone. We all are anyway grown up from the picture book age, aren't we? ;)

Wednesday 21 October 2009 - 11:54:10
Question of personal taste in my book. Only a few people, including me, have such signatures which basically Means that once you've opened pages with such signatures once, they should reload easily since cookies are stored on your comp (unless you delete them each time you close/open your browser!). Go broadband!

Grown up? Me? Haha, I wish I were...

Spirit of Metal Webzine 2003-2024
site developed and maintained by Spirit of Metal Team