Death Metal >> Old Death Metal vs New Death Metal
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Getting poll results. Please wait...
Which Do you Perfer?
Old Death Metal
Modern Death Metal
Neither, they both suck
I can't decide...
Black Metal "FTW"

Tuesday 12 July 2011 - 01:11:14
Btw, I'm not too big on Cannibal Corpse, but I do like some of their earlier work.
Check out their song Shredded Humans. Aggressive song.

Tuesday 12 July 2011 - 01:35:12
I love Autopsy!

Tuesday 12 July 2011 - 16:48:47
i cant Deicide

Wednesday 13 July 2011 - 21:11:19
Most of my favorite albums are from the " 88 to 91 " period, wich in my opinion is the peak of Death Metal. So many classics were released in 1991 when you think about it : Mental Funeral, Effigy of the Forgotten, Blessed are the Sick, Dawn of Posession, Testimony of the Ancients, War Master, Considered Dead, Unquestionable Presence, From Beyond and not to forget the explosion of the swedish scene with albums such as Like an Ever Flowing Stream, Into the Grave or Where no Life Dwells. Definately the highest peek of Death Metal.

Thursday 14 July 2011 - 05:38:02

citation :
7s1ll4gk4pU says : i cant Deicide

yet you voted for modern death metal...?

Also, I'm of the opinion that a LOT of the "classic" albums are overrated as fuck. Dawn of Possession, for example. That one's just lame and boring, Immolation did MUCH better stuff later in their career. I mean, I understand the significance of the album and all, but "historical significance" doesn't mean an album's instantly amazing, at least not to me personally, and I feel like a lot of people just blindly pretend to like some of those albums BECAUSE they're so significant, and not because they actually enjoy the music.

Sunday 06 November 2011 - 21:31:58
I agree with your last statement, but fuck off, Dawn of Possession is incredible.
I do get what your saying though. You find a lot of people like that on these kinds of websites.

OT: OSDM all the way for me. I haven't really bothered checking out too many new bands because most of the ones I've heard have been crap. Krypts are a good band though, as are Antediluvian and Cruciamentum but Nothing can beat the classics like Mental Funeral, Into The Depths...In Degradation, Scream Bloody Gore, Cause of Death etc etc.

Sunday 06 November 2011 - 21:57:04

citation :
Enigmatick says : Dawn of Possession, for example. That one's just lame and boring

Fuck no. Are you telling me Harnessing Ruin is better than Dawn of Possession? I mean, I love both, but DoP is Far superior.

Tuesday 12 June 2012 - 00:17:20
At least be thankful, Immolation and Autopsy are some of the Old Death Metal bands that still make good music today, Providence was astonishing!
Still i choose Old School Death Metal, music today is just not the same

Thursday 14 June 2012 - 20:30:10
for me it's new school death. Brain Drill and Viraemia are effing Killer, I know alot of people bash them saying they don't have any structure in their songs, but to me this is completely false. I also like The Faceless, but you can hear the more deathcore-ish style in them at times. for old school it have to be Decapitated, to me they were the greatest Death Metal band to walk the earth. not now anyway

Wednesday 04 July 2012 - 14:09:41
Death Metal in the new Millenium now has a multitude of different 'strains' (ie: melodic Death Metal, symphonic Death Metal, etc) that it fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your musical tastes) is all up to the listener; I consider myself lucky to have been an active cd purchaser when all the classic DM stuff was being released, and a lot of those releases (my stalwarts are listed below) remain vital DM listening for me; however, I have found numerous 'new millenium' DM bands extremely worth listening to. A lot of the newer bands are definitely not reinventing the wheel, so to speak, but a good majority are worthwhile additions to a DM fans' library. I say search and have fun. Here are some of my personal recommendations, with their release dates listed beside them.

ARCH ENEMY - 'BLACK EARTH' (1996)
ASPHYX - 'THE RACK' (1991)
BLOODBATH - 'RESURRECTION THROUGH CARNAGE' (2002)
BROKEN HOPE - 'THE BOWELS OF REPUGNANCE' (1993)
CANCER - 'TO THE GORY END' (1990)
CANNIBAL Corpse - 'BUTCHERED AT BIRTH' (1991)
CARNAGE - 'DARK RECOLLECTIONS' (1990)
CRYPTOPSY - 'NONE SO VILE' (1996)
DECEASED - 'LUCK OF THE CORPSE' (1992)
DISMEMBER - 'LIKE AN Ever FLOWING STREAM' (1991)
EDGE OF SANITY - 'NOTHING BUT DEATH REMAINS' (1991)
ENTOMBED - 'LEFT Hand PATH' (1990)
FLESHCRAWL - 'DESCEND INTO THE ABSURD' (1992)
GOREFEST - 'MINDLOSS' (1991)
GORGUTS - 'CONSIDERED DEAD' (1991)
GRAVE - 'INTO THE GRAVE' (1991)
HATE Eternal - 'CONQUERING THE THRONE' (2000)
HORRENDOUS - 'THE CHILLS' (2012)
IMMOLATION - 'DAWN OF POSSESSION' (1991)
INCANTATION - 'ONWARD TO GOLGOTHA' (1992)
INCUBUS (NOW CALLED OPPROBRIUM)- 'BEYOND THE UNKNOWN' (1990)
KATAKLYSM - 'THE MYSTICAL Gate OF REINCARNATION' (1994)
MALEVOLENT Creation - 'THE Ten COMMANDMENTS' (1991)
MASSACRE - 'FROM BEYOND' (1991)
MONSTROSITY - 'IMPERIAL DOOM' (1992)
MORBID Angel - 'ALTARS OF MADNESS' (1989)
MORGOTH - 'CURSED' (1991)
NILE - 'BLACK SEEDS OF VENGEANCE' (2000)
OBITUARY - 'THE End COMPLETE' (1992)
RIBSPREADER - 'BOLTED TO THE CROSS' (2004)
SINISTER - 'CROSS THE STYX' (1992)
SUFFOCATION - 'EFFIGY OF THE FORGOTTEN' (1991)
UNLEASHED - 'WHERE NO LIFE DWELLS' (1991)
VITAL REMAINS - 'LET US PRAY' (1992)