Death Metal >> Old Death Metal vs New Death Metal
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Getting poll results. Please wait...
Which Do you Perfer?
Old Death Metal
Modern Death Metal
Neither, they both suck
I can't decide...
Black Metal "FTW"

Saturday 21 July 2012 - 21:57:58
I started with Thrash before DM came out and have a long gap between those beginnings (late 80s - early 90s) and recent years where I've been an avid DM fan. I like a lot of both Old and New DM.

Production is important to me and it's gotten better over the years, mostly. Still, I can go back and listen to Possessed - Seven Churches, an album I had when it was released or visit less-familiar albums that I've only found in recent years such as Dismember or Morbid Angel and enjoy them. Following a band since they began or their earlier albums over the course of many years builds a respect and admiration for a band for me - an attachment, if you will. I tend to favor newer DM bands because I know them better and their albums are more recent. However, I have a lot of respect for Entombed or Dismember, etc. for establishing roots and having lengthy careers and many good albums.

To the point, I prefer BDM (Brutal Death Metal) and Slam the most these days. That genre is relatively new so give me the new stuff, but the new stuff wouldn't exist without the old. ;)

Check out Deadly Remains - Severing Humanity (2012) for a taste what I enjoy most, as just one example.

Friday 28 December 2012 - 23:07:45
Old Death Metal! +Possessed+