Death Metal >> Best Old School Death Metal Bands
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Tuesday 27 October 2009 - 07:33:45
YOU ALL FOGET Morgoth, THEY MAY BE PLAYING LIKE PUSSIES NOW BUT BACK THEN THEY WERE AWESOME....
AND OF COURSE ALL THE ALREADY NAMED BANDS...BECOUSE FROM DEATH TO Vomitory DESERVE A PLACE HERE...OR WHAT JAJA

Friday 18 December 2009 - 05:10:13
I don't listen to much Death, but I believe the band Death deserves a spot up there?

Friday 18 December 2009 - 20:19:18
Death was legendary, but i'm not a huge fan of em, i dunno why, i still appreciate his contribution to the genre and all, but i just never got into em too much (Symbolic and Scream Bloody Gore are good though). as far as influential bands go, Death was #1, i'd say Hellwitch would also be up there (definantly the most underrated early DM band), along Possessed, and Celtic Frost

Sunday 06 June 2010 - 09:33:44
from USA
Cannibal Corpse
Malevolent Creation
Suffocation(Old)
from europe
Sinister

death fuckin metal!!!!

Wednesday 04 August 2010 - 15:45:24
Master, Atomic Aggressor and Toxodeth

Wednesday 04 August 2010 - 22:16:13
How come nobody mentionned Pestilence
Without a single doubt the best old school Death Metal band ever ! Consuming and Testimony are simply the most brilliant albums ever created in European Death Metal history.

Thursday 05 August 2010 - 10:41:44
My favorite from them is Malleus Malleficarum and thats more thrash than death

Thursday 05 August 2010 - 12:01:09

citation :
Karaladh dit : How come nobody mentionned Pestilence
Without a single doubt the best old school Death Metal band ever ! Consuming and Testimony are simply the most brilliant albums ever created in European Death Metal history.

That's one bold statement and presumably your own personal view.

There are many albums that came out of Europe which, in my opinion, are just as good as Pestilence's masterpieces. Entombed's Clandestine or Left Hand Path, Carcass' Symphonies of Sickness, Morgoth' The Eternal Fall, Dismember's Like An Ever Flowing Stream, only to name a few.

Though I must say that Consuming Impulse is one Hell of a Beast but according to me most of the credit is to be given to M. Van Drunen. I think that with Luc Lemay (on  Obscura mainly), these two guys have had the most "death" in their vocals. Cult.

Thursday 05 August 2010 - 14:35:32
nice thread

well i dont listen to Death Metal a lot , but here are the bands i like
1- death
2-bolt thrower
3- Pestilence
4- Benediction
5- Terrorizer
6- Vader
7- Morgoth ( old)
8- Morbid Angel
9- Monstrosity
10- Malevolent Creation
11- Dismember
12- Carcass
13-cancer
14-Solstice (they  sound death more than thrash to me)
i guess there is more i dont know

Thursday 05 August 2010 - 14:41:43
oh yes , my brother loves a band called Insanity , i haven't seen anyone mentioned them here , they are great ,that what i heard , good luck