Death Metal >> Best Old School Death Metal Bands
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Thursday 05 August 2010 - 15:53:52
I'm not huge with Death Metal, so I'll name what albums I like rather than what bands. I think my favorite Death Metal album was Autopsy's 'Severed Survival'. I've heard that their later albums suck, but I really like that album.
I would have said I like 'Leprosy' by Death, but the drums just suck so hard in it, it brings the whole album down.

Thursday 05 August 2010 - 17:11:08
Nah, Autopsy are rather good throughout their career though Severed Survival and Mental Funeral (my favorite) definitely top the list.

If you like Autopsy, you should check other similar bands like Abscess (obviously) and Freakhate.

There's some kind ogf revival going on for the last 4/5 years where new bands pick on the raw, ugly sound of Death Metal the way Autopsy played it. That really contrats with the plague of Brutal Death or Technical Death or Melodic Death.

Oh, yes, try to check out Father Befouled. You could like it.

Thursday 05 August 2010 - 19:12:58
as far as albums go, if i had to choose one album, i'd go with Szygial Miscreancy by Hellwitch, it was pretty overlooked at the time it came out, but all the technical Death Metal bands that came around 10 years later were using the same sound that Hellwitch pioneered back in the early 90's. as far as i;m concerned, they're the fathers of technical Death Metal

Sunday 08 August 2010 - 00:37:43

citation :
Demogorefest says : as far as albums go, if i had to choose one album, i'd go with Szygial Miscreancy by Hellwitch, it was pretty overlooked at the time it came out...

Well, Im going to Europe soon for 3 weeks and I'm downloading a bunch of albums onto my ipod that I've never heard before to listen to during the trip...
I'll check that album out while I'm over there. I'm listening to Symphonies of Sickness right now, I love how deep everything sounds in it!

Sunday 08 August 2010 - 05:21:28

citation :
InfinityZero says :

citation :
Demogorefest says : as far as albums go, if i had to choose one album, i'd go with Szygial Miscreancy by Hellwitch, it was pretty overlooked at the time it came out...

Well, Im going to Europe soon for 3 weeks and I'm downloading a bunch of albums onto my ipod that I've never heard before to listen to during the trip...
I'll check that album out while I'm over there. I'm listening to Symphonies of Sickness right now, I love how deep everything sounds in it!

i'd highly recommend it if you like the classic old school death/thrash style sound, they have alotta Technicality thrown in there too, they remind me of an early version of Necrophagist or The Faceless almost. very overlooked for its time

Friday 03 September 2010 - 11:15:57
Cannibal Corps the way!

Sunday 05 September 2010 - 14:16:05
I actually don't like Cannibal Corpse that much.
20 monotonous albums is really too much for me.

Sunday 12 September 2010 - 03:15:37
Suffocation. 'Nuff said.

Sunday 12 September 2010 - 18:50:22

citation :
kornguy8 says : Suffocation. 'Nuff said.

I'd also like to add that they're some of the friendliest guys you could ever meet! Also...the handchop. Come on now people!

Monday 01 November 2010 - 10:41:31
NoNe; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px;">Because rock music is dominated by white people, there are very few afro-american rock musicians. So it would be interesting to make a list about it.