Death Metal >> Best Old School Death Metal Bands
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Saturday 05 September 2009 - 14:39:48

citation :
metallica415 says : well....i don't understand anything you said    but if you mean the best Death Metal old Death Metal school..that will be death...i mean they are the godfathers of this..and also Morbid Angel but i prefer death...

yeah, i just meant bands that have been around since the late 80's and are considered Death Metal, like Death and Morbid Angel, but i'm always like looking for the obscure bands that've been around since the early 90's or even mid 80's

Monday 07 September 2009 - 20:08:31
anybody heard of a band called Divine Empire? they aren't exactly an old band but they have a Killer old DM sound, reminds me of Malevolent Creation alot

Tuesday 08 September 2009 - 18:59:39

citation :
Demogorefest says : anybody heard of a band called Divine Empire? they aren't exactly an old band but they have a Killer old DM sound, reminds me of Malevolent Creation alot

It is logical: this band was founded by ex Malevolent Creation Members.

Tuesday 08 September 2009 - 22:43:44
the first 2 Divine Empire albums are great, i've been listening to em alot recently

Sunday 13 September 2009 - 11:45:02
Some old Death Metal bands from late 80' are famous in France but since you don't give any frenchies in your list, maybe take a look at these ones:

- Massacra (one of the best european early Death Metal bands)
- Loudblast
- Agressor (at least for Neverending Destiny, their first LP issued in 1990)

Sunday 13 September 2009 - 21:00:40
From my home country Finland:
Vorum
Lie In Ruins
Torture Killer
Hooded Menace
Vacant Coffin

They all rule.

Tuesday 15 September 2009 - 00:36:13

citation :
metalglory says : From my home country Finland:
Vorum
Lie In Ruins
Torture Killer
Hooded Menace
Vacant Coffin

They all rule.

Since you're Finnish, you could have named a few "old school" legends from your country because the guys you cite are rather new in the scene. Just don't get me wrong, I love for instance Pyykko's work in Hooded Menace or Vacant Coffin (and check out the next Claws).

I mean Demilich, Xysma, Vomiturition, Cartilage, Abhorrence or Demigod, those guys are the real old-school legends from Finland.

Tuesday 15 September 2009 - 02:34:20

citation :
GandhiEgo says :

citation :
metalglory says : From my home country Finland:
Vorum
Lie In Ruins
Torture Killer
Hooded Menace
Vacant Coffin

They all rule.

Since you're Finnish, you could have named a few "old school" legends from your country because the guys you cite are rather new in the scene. Just don't get me wrong, I love for instance Pyykko's work in Hooded Menace or Vacant Coffin (and check out the next Claws).

I mean Demilich, Xysma, Vomiturition, Cartilage, Abhorrence or Demigod, those guys are the real old-school legends from Finland.

I wanted to come up with younger old school STYLED Death Metal bands so maybe someone finds something fresh in this Rotten genre (pun totally intended)
Of course I know these pioneers of Finnish Death Metal, I grew up as Twisted as I am listening to their putrid sounds. Oh yes, Putrid was great too! And never underestimate the growls and Brutality of Funebre, Purtenance (Avulsion) and Convulse!

Tuesday 15 September 2009 - 10:06:30
It's fine by me! Yes, you guys definitely have a great scene when it comes to Extreme music.

By the way, it's nice mentioning Purtenance, not too many folks know about them!

Tuesday 15 September 2009 - 23:58:49

citation :
GandhiEgo says : It's fine by me! Yes, you guys definitely have a great scene when it comes to Extreme music.

By the way, it's nice mentioning Purtenance, not too many folks know about them!

Purtenance? Im right on it to find them then Ill know who they are... 0 0