Death Metal >> Best Old School Death Metal Bands
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Friday 17 July 2009 - 19:49:52
i've been listenin to alotta ol school Death Metal recently and was wonderin what everybody else's favorites were, i've been tryin to find some good bands i haven't heard of in the ol' school style
my favorites thus far are:
Opprobrium - formerly known as Incubus before the shitty Rock band stole their name
Hellwitch
Monstrosity
Massacre
Demolition Hammer
Gorefest
Krypts - not The Black metal band, they're a Brand New band from Finland but sound like they're straight outta the 80's Swedish DM scene
Kaamos
Jungle Rot
Master
Ominous - mainly their album called Intercorpse
Resurrection
Slugathor
Summon
Seance - sounds very old-school

by the way, Old school Death Metal includes Swedish Death Metal bands too, and i don't care if they haven't been around since the late 80's as long as they got that death/thrash combo that used to be very popular back then

Sunday 26 July 2009 - 14:15:26
I dont' understand why you speak of Demolition Hammer as a old school Death band, they plays Brutal Thrash / Death in the vein of Slayer / Kreator / Malevolent Creation.

If you like Demolition Hammer you must listen Messiah's album Rotten Perish and Choir of Horror (hard to find unfortunately).

If you like old-school bands I can tell you Incantation (the gods), Bolt Thrower, Blood Red Throne Funebrarum, Rottrevore, Demigod, Nominon, Vomitory, Asphyx, Father Befouled, Bloodbath, Gravehill, Benediction, ...

Monday 27 July 2009 - 02:47:48
i dunno, i had always credited Demolition Hammer as Death/Thrash metal, which seemed like the early Death Metal sound to me... anyway, i've been listenin to those bands, i like Blood Red Throne alot, my personal favorites are Hellwitch  and Opprobrium. i had left out Asphyx and Incantation by Accident, those bands are great too

Thursday 27 August 2009 - 23:47:11
just now discovered Terrorizer, I'm listenin to their 1989 release, World Downfall, sounds great so far.

Sunday 30 August 2009 - 00:32:12
I dont know if you know em Beergrinder... But, do you recall ever hearing of a oldschool death/grind band called Hellhouse? They had a self titled album they released back in '85. I cant find it anywhere, I use to have it downloaded, but now I can't find it anymore, I don't know what happened to it.

But yeah, supposely what people have said, they were the first death/grind mixed genre band in that time. Great band indeed.
Monday 31 August 2009 - 01:21:55
Massacre and Abscess

Monday 31 August 2009 - 03:56:56

citation :
Scandals says : Massacre and Abscess

From Beyond by Massacre is one of the greatest c.d's of all time, if you ask me

Monday 31 August 2009 - 14:02:08
There's too many of them to just list them all if you ask me.

USA, UK, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Austria, The Netherlands, Czech Republic, Poland, I could name just so many from these countries it'd be just name-dropping in the end.

Since I'm a Pain in the ass, I'd just write to Scandals that you should have written Autopsy rather than Abscess for Abscess is the just the continuity of Reifert's previous efforts.

Monday 31 August 2009 - 23:54:13
anybody else like Transmetal? i just started listenin to em, what are some of their best album? i'll try to see if anyone's sellin em here on SOM or on Amazon

Saturday 05 September 2009 - 03:33:15
well....i don't understand anything you said    but if you mean the best Death Metal old Death Metal school..that will be death...i mean they are the godfathers of this..and also Morbid Angel but i prefer death...