Discussions about Music >> Which band is the greatest of all time?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Friday 06 May 2011 - 08:38:44
Well there are so many good bands but i will share greatest bands as below

Guns N Roses
My Dying Bride

[url=http://www.vishalbhatia.com/Training.htm]Vishal Bhatia

Friday 06 May 2011 - 14:46:11
Bathory
Godfathers of Black Metal and Viking metal..

Friday 06 May 2011 - 22:46:28

citation :
Loudpipes says :

citation :
Enigmatick says : Black Sabbath did not invent heavy metal.

How so?

Heavy Metal was a logical progression from blues rock in the late 60s-early 70s, and Black Sabbath weren't some kind of band that just came out of nowhere and created the genre. They certainly played a role in it, but their significance is overstated. The s/t is barely a metal album as well, it's basically just a surprisingly heavy blues rock album with a couple of metal tracks. They didn't completely shed their blues rock roots until much later. Bands like Blue Cheer, May Blitz, Sir Lord Baltimore and even Hawkwind and Budgie played a significant role as well.

Tuesday 10 May 2011 - 03:37:18
Some of the bands I think are the greatest of all time are Between The Buried And Me, The Contortionist (judging off their first album I think they will be up there), Meshuggah, Four Year Strong, and Into Eternity to name a few

Tuesday 10 May 2011 - 04:57:29

citation :
Extrememetal says : Some of the bands I think are the greatest of all time are Between The Buried And Me, The Contortionist (judging off their first album I think they will be up there), Meshuggah, Four Year Strong, and Into Eternity to name a few

totally agree with you on Into Eternity being in the list...can't say the same about the rest of those bands though0

Tuesday 17 May 2011 - 15:10:08
Opeth
Tuesday 17 May 2011 - 15:20:59

citation :
Demogorefest says :

citation :
Extrememetal says : Some of the bands I think are the greatest of all time are Between The Buried And Me, The Contortionist (judging off their first album I think they will be up there), Meshuggah, Four Year Strong, and Into Eternity to name a few

totally agree with you on Into Eternity being in the list...can't say the same about the rest of those bands though0

Into Eternity suck. Stu Block is going to ruin Iced Earth (get the fuck out my band Stu)

Tuesday 17 May 2011 - 19:28:20

citation :
MothandMoon says :

citation :
Demogorefest says :

Into Eternity suck. Stu Block is going to ruin Iced Earth (get the fuck out my band Stu)

Agreed. I bought the Inhuman Tragedy by them once and it was balls.
I mean, if we're talking about best bands instrumentally here, then yes, Into Eternity are good contestants because they're all great at handling their instruments.

But the album was boring, there were pointless interludes, poor writing choices, and the tone of the album was way too theatrical and over-dramatic. Schmultzy, even.
Just because they can play the fuck out of their instruments doesn't make them good. Just like Dragonforce.

Saturday 28 May 2011 - 20:31:38

citation :
Illyria says : I have to go with Metallica, Pantera, Slayer, Gorgoroth, Amon Amarth, and Lamb of God.

+1
totaly agree!!!!

Saturday 28 May 2011 - 22:29:42
Stu Block isn't gonna ruin Iced Earth. They already suck too hard, it's impossible to ruin them any further.

Spirit of Metal Webzine 2003-2024
site developed and maintained by Spirit of Metal Team