Discussions about Music >> Which band is the greatest of all time?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Wednesday 19 January 2011 - 10:01:24
Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden.

Saturday 12 February 2011 - 01:18:12
Yea im going with Slayer,Pantera,Black Sabbath,Judas Preist, Iron Maiden,Death,and Cannibal Corpse

Saturday 26 March 2011 - 07:02:15
Black Sabbath
Kiss
Living Sacrifice
iron maiden
R.B.'s Rainbow
The Scorpions
Rush

Sunday 24 April 2011 - 05:42:52
Some people are obviously listing their personal favourites, which is fine, but the question is relating to greatest, which implies achievement, influence, popularity, contribution, etc.... In this respect I think it would be difficult to find a more important & influential Heavy Metal band than Iron Maiden.

Sunday 24 April 2011 - 05:58:12
No, it's easy: Black Sabbath 

Wednesday 04 May 2011 - 06:10:44
Black Sabbath did not invent heavy metal.

Wednesday 04 May 2011 - 14:09:28

citation :
Akhera says : Some people are obviously listing their personal favourites, which is fine, but the question is relating to greatest, which implies achievement, influence, popularity, contribution,

Its obviously SS so you might as well lock this thread now! 0

but srsly, there are many bands out there that can take the title. Also, as Far as I'm concerned, it does not simply imply that it has to be the most influential ect. Instead you can look at it in two ways, one way is the way you said (which is fine) but I seem to think "the greatest of all time" could also mean, the greatest in your books or in your time in listening to metal or whatever.

Also, new genres are also popping up all over the place now so it is okay to say that "the greatest electro pop grind Metalcore screamo band ever is...". It really doesn't make a difference 0  

Wednesday 04 May 2011 - 23:30:56
Not really, everybody has their personal tastes, sure, but it's hard to deny the impact of a band like Maiden or Priest on the genre, and the thing is, they make some amazing music already, so they're pretty much to go-to candidates.

Thursday 05 May 2011 - 04:27:48

citation :
Enigmatick says : Black Sabbath did not invent heavy metal.

How so?

Sabbath, Maiden, Slayer between 1983 and 1988, Kreator, Dismember, Morbid Angel, Coroner and a few others are probably my Absolute all time favourites.

Friday 06 May 2011 - 08:35:41
Well i would be happy to share my favorite band with you people as below

Guns N Roses
My Dying Bride