Death Metal >> Which are your favourite Death Metal / Death Grind / Brutal Death bands?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Thursday 03 February 2011 - 05:10:59
Its funny how you turn your personal opinion into something universally correct . "plain flat-out blew sweaty goat balls" ? You are talking about and condemning  bands you just heard , not even seen with an astonishing ease . Of what herd ? Isnt every Death Metal band unique ? Or you consider everything you hear just equal , and one or two come out of it with originality ?
I dont even see why Septic Flesh are so special . If you mean they were inovating because they came forth with greek , or even eastern, ethnic influences , i cant see why that makes them seperate . Rotting Christ were the ones that realised this is catchy , and Septic Flesh just followed afterwards (knowing as a fact they were influenced , as being friends )  . Is it the crushing Death Metal ? Compared to bands like Mass Infection , they sound like kiddies blowing whistles .
As for their career , you are wrong . I cant tell about abroad , but around here they have been rather famous from their first cds . They do have a long presense , but that hardly Means they are worthy the credits you give them .
I do not need to read the review .. I think seeing them so many times , and the last one while promoting Communion , covers that Area .
The popularity of Septic Flesh was hardly based on luck . Thats something i never said . The same way as Rotting Christ , they managed to prevail , through exposure abroad . If someone doesnt tell you that a band from another country exists , how will you know ? If everyone was promoted and they prevailed , sure , fair enough . But people come up only with them when Greece is mentioned . How can you compare without even knowing them ?

Thursday 03 February 2011 - 05:45:31

citation :
1Archon1 says : Its funny how you turn your personal opinion into something universally correct . "plain flat-out blew sweaty goat balls" ? You are talking about and condemning  bands you just heard , not even seen with an astonishing ease .

That I haven't seen a band live doesn't instantly invalidate my opinion of them. Nothing I heard from Inveracity enticed me to listen any further.

Also, stating my opinions with firmness and confidence does NOT mean I think they're universally correct, can't understand why people can't get this through their heads.

citation :
Of what herd ? Isnt every Death Metal band unique ? Or you consider everything you hear just equal , and one or two come out of it with originality ?

No, every Death Metal band is not unique. If every single one were to be closely inspected, then yes, technically they could be considered "unique" because obviously no two bands can sound exactly the same no matter how hard they try, but many bands (ESPECIALLY in Death Metal ) share the same aesthetic, lyrical themes, motivations, influences and whatnot.

citation :
I dont even see why Septic Flesh are so special . If you mean they were inovating because they came forth with greek , or even eastern, ethnic influences , i cant see why that makes them seperate . Rotting Christ were the ones that realised this is catchy , and Septic Flesh just followed afterwards (knowing as a fact they were influenced , as being friends )  . Is it the crushing Death Metal ? Compared to bands like Mass Infection , they sound like kiddies blowing whistles .

The difference between Rotting Christ and Septic Flesh, to me, is that the ethnic overtones in Rotting Christs' music have completely compromised The Black metal backbone and driving force of the song, while Septic Flesh have managed to mesh the two elements into a larger, cohesive beast. Septic Flesh crushes you not with the superficial aspects of the music like most death metal- but with the atmosphere created by the combination of each of those two elements. It's a completely different kind of "crushing".

citation :
As for their career , you are wrong . I cant tell about abroad , but around here they have been rather famous from their first cds . They do have a long presense , but that hardly Means they are worthy the credits you give them .

KEY WORDS: "around here"
their worldwide recognition came much later. Many bands are widely lauded and recognized as "local heroes" so to say, but don't get more widespread recognition until much later.

citation :
I do not need to read the review .. I think seeing them so many times , and the last one while promoting Communion , covers that Area .

Suit yourself. I've basically said everything that was said in the review on this thread anyways

citation :
The popularity of Septic Flesh was hardly based on luck . Thats something i never said . The same way as Rotting Christ , they managed to prevail , through exposure abroad . If someone doesnt tell you that a band from another country exists , how will you know ? If everyone was promoted and they prevailed , sure , fair enough . But people come up only with them when Greece is mentioned . How can you compare without even knowing them ?

I'm pretty sure even if people knew of the other bands, it wouldn't make a difference- simply because Septic Flesh is more accessible, has a more distinct sound, and are, well, simply put, better.

Friday 11 February 2011 - 21:45:47
Draco Hypnalis : Atmosphere, Power and beauty. These guys play Death Metal with symphonic, progressive and neoclassical elements. A dreary atmosphere with quiet synthesizers occasionally in the background to enhance the atmosphere. Extremely unique. Amazing production.

Livores Mortis : Very good atmospheric death metal. Another good band from the Czech Republic.

Wednesday 30 November 2011 - 23:04:09
Lets try some Brutal Death Metal from Australia!

Wednesday 30 November 2011 - 23:13:19
Creepy intro and Killer material:

All Hail Voids of Vomit!

Monday 15 October 2012 - 19:54:32

citation :
GandhiEgo says : Creepy intro and Killer material:

All Hail Voids of Vomit!

Wow, that's pretty awesome.

Saturday 03 November 2012 - 07:33:36
Vomitorium
Vomit
Ultra Vomit
Vomitaurous
Vomit Congregation
Voids of Vomit
Abhorred Vomit...

All Death-Grind

Friday 07 December 2012 - 10:58:26
Dying Fetus
Job for a Cowboy
Lamb of GOD
a.m.m

Friday 21 December 2012 - 01:24:42
An Arrow To The Knee - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDOOEdDI2aQ

Daughters - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoLtuhNbrnk

Cattle Decapitation (Nothing past Ten Torments of The Damned) -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZUZhnDuZ3k

Wednesday 23 January 2013 - 20:37:45
Every one Look Up Abominable Putridity right now  0