Black Metal >> What 5 Black Metal Records Are You Into Right Now
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 29 May 2011 - 06:44:31

citation :
DoomMetalPrincess says : True, but for all you know, they don't want to listen to it because they think people might Judge them for it.... But that's not how I am.

If he thinks that way, though, then his signature is a glaring hypocrisy.

Sunday 29 May 2011 - 09:48:31

citation :
Panzerjager says : Nice albums you're listening too, though I frown when I see that one by Satanic Warmaster. Not that it isn't a good album but that guy has been accused more than once for nazism.
Personally I hav a strong aersion to nazism and that's why I rarely listen to bands like Satanic Warmaster, Absurd and Nordglanz

I think its ok for people to have themes that seem a little "personal" (everyone has them) and It's ok for people to dislike the messages that are being telegraphed into your brain. But, for me, I take in absolutely no morality from lyrical themes no matter what genre (from NSBM to CHC). And that's why I don't mention them often in my reviews because it doesn't really matter.

I don't really care if you dislike bands because of morals or belifes because there isn't anything wrong with that. (I mean, to a certain extent)0 

Besides, I don't understand wtf they are saying half the time so... I doesn't bother me. 0

BTW: does this mean you dislike Taake as well?

Sunday 29 May 2011 - 11:50:23

citation :
miniradman says :

citation :
Panzerjager says : Nice albums you're listening too, though I frown when I see that one by Satanic Warmaster. Not that it isn't a good album but that guy has been accused more than once for nazism.
Personally I hav a strong aersion to nazism and that's why I rarely listen to bands like Satanic Warmaster, Absurd and Nordglanz

I think its ok for people to have themes that seem a little "personal" (everyone has them) and It's ok for people to dislike the messages that are being telegraphed into your brain. But, for me, I take in absolutely no morality from lyrical themes no matter what genre (from NSBM to CHC). And that's why I don't mention them often in my reviews because it doesn't really matter.

I don't really care if you dislike bands because of morals or belifes because there isn't anything wrong with that. (I mean, to a certain extent)0 

Besides, I don't understand wtf they are saying half the time so... I doesn't bother me. 0

BTW: does this mean you dislike Taake as well?

No I really like Taake, they only made some Nazi reference for the shock effect during a gig (made get kicked off a festival by Kreator. Kreator are left-wing orientated, so fill the rest yourself). The reason i Hate NSBM lyrics is because I get confrontated with aryan elitists and their f***ed Ideas all days, so I don't want to listen to even more of those guys in my spare time. But I didn't say those bands are musicaly not bad, only the lyrics bother me Endless by the above mentioned reason

Sunday 29 May 2011 - 11:53:52

citation :
Panzerjager says :
The reason i Hate NSBM lyrics is because I get confrontated with aryan elitists and their f***ed Ideas all days, so I don't want to listen to even more of those guys in my spare time.

wait what really? Tell me where this place is so I can Avoid it.

wow... this thread was killed rather quickly 0

Sunday 29 May 2011 - 11:58:21

citation :
miniradman says :

citation :
Panzerjager says :
The reason i Hate NSBM lyrics is because I get confrontated with aryan elitists and their f***ed Ideas all days, so I don't want to listen to even more of those guys in my spare time.

wait what really? Tell me where this place is so I can Avoid it.

wow... this thread was killed rather quickly 0

Oh it's some guys in my class in belgium. They look normal except they have blonde hair, blue eyes and are extremely arrogant.

Back on topic:

Listening to:

- Totalselfhatred - Totalselfhatred

- Lawless Darkness - Watain

- Heretica Evenagelia (bonus CD) - Behemoth

- Blood Magick Necromance - Belphegor

- Fallen - Burzum

Sunday 29 May 2011 - 15:44:20
I guess I can accept that. Sucks that there's a few douchebags in your class that ruin the music for you.

EDIT: That doesn't mean you should "frown upon" people who do listen to them though. Just don't listen to them yourself.

Saturday 04 June 2011 - 18:34:45
Wolfsschanze - Traurigkeit Von Der Vergangenheit.

Wormtongue - The Solstice Funeral.

Inquinok - Entranced By Twilight's Gaze.

Iskald - Revelations Of Reckoning Day.

Crebain - Crebain - Leviathan Split.

Sunday 05 June 2011 - 00:15:08
Orthodoxyn - Arkhon Infaustus
-Now this is just evil. Once Black Metal reaches a point where it is Brutal, it doesn't disappoint. Unrelenting, crushing and the vocals sound like Mitochondrion (yay).

Phoenix Rising - Destroyer 666
-I feel very stupid for not checking this out earlier. Spine-chilling riffs galore. Unlike their war metal precursor, Bestial Warlust, these guys are good. K.K Warslut made a great decision to focus on Destroyer 666, and thus creating this monster of an album.

Under the Wings of Asael - Antediluvian
-Heavy as hell. Regardless of how inhumanely sludgy their sound is, they still maintain riffs and rhythm, with both being absolutely great. One of the best new bands. Can't wait until their first album.

Kvelertak - Kvelertak
-This is how you make a fucking melody. Clean as Hell Black Metal that doesn't suck. I never thought it was possible until this. Who thought you could fuse Black Metal with punk rock and actually make it sound good?

Migdal Bavel - De Magia Veterum
-Pure chaotic noise. Unlike other harsh musical groups (I'm looking at you Merzbow) this guy actually incorporates an extremely powerful (and strangely catchy) melody in with the noise. Sadly the drums are programmed to be at light speed, but that adds to the atmosphere. Lastly, holy shit, this guy can make good riffs. To further explain the riffs, listen to this. *Warning: extremely abrasive*

Sunday 05 June 2011 - 15:15:16
Lately listening a lot to these:

Graveland - Carpathian wolves  also 'The fire of awakening'
Their athmosphere is quite Bathory - like, but don't expect a copy cat. Songs are quite long, but make a really good listen.

Watain - Lawless Darkness
Just one of the best 'newer' Black Metal bands, and it is quite hard to be that. I can say that their music is a bit more...rythmic? rather than the usual messy sound, so it's quite easy to follow along as the music plays. It is the kind of BM that makes you headbang to it.

Dordeduh - Valea Omului 
Ok, it's an EP, but the songs in it are quite amazing, in a second Negura Bunget kind of way,only a bit more ambiental. Their full album is something I have really big expectations for (which is usually the recipe for dissapointment , but I'll see)

Destroyer 666 - Phoenix rising
Yes, I've been listening to it for a long time already, great album. Good to see them get so much recognition (their touring with Watain must have helped a lot too) - this band really deserves it.

Lunar Aurora - Andacht
 A really beautifully written album, aside for the guitar and drum Onslaught, it has an almost euphoric athmosphere. 'Der Pakt' is one of my favorite BM songs of all time.

Also second the Kvelertak album and De Magia Veterum sound kind of good today at this moment 0 . No really, they are a good band (didn't pay that much attention to them, should listen to them more throughly)

Sunday 05 June 2011 - 17:47:32
Profanum Aeternum's Eminence of Satanic Imperial Art and Flowers of Black Misanthropy. Band from the nineties. Apparently defunct now. I've been craving that perfect blend of dark ambient/dark classical (And believe it or not it's actually pretty hard to find) with or without metal, and they have all of the occult ambiance that I seem to be looking for, atm.

Sarcofago's INRI
Ulver's Vargnatt
Mercyful Fate's Melissa
Ulver's Bergtatt