Live Concerts >> The Last Concert You Visited
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 31 March 2013 - 17:20:51
I have an odd feeling that a similar lack of enthusiasm thing is going to happen at Opeth. I mean, I guess they're more pop metal than Morbid Angel, so there'll probably be more than 100 people there, but seeing as I like concerts with fewer people, I'm good with that.

Odd thing is, no matter how much I dislike a band I'll be really enthusiastic about their performance--I don't like acting like the music is below me.

...Except for that time Matt Mays opened for Metallica. No One was happy then, lemme tell you

Saturday 27 April 2013 - 22:19:17
CrashDiet, Jettblack, Sleekstain, Hell In The Club & Fallen Mafia at Newcastle (UK), fantastic show, the whole place was rockin, thought at one point the whole Floor was gonna Cave In ..

Sunday 28 April 2013 - 14:48:37
Saw Tool Last night. Was good, they opened with Hooker with a penis and played some songs i Wanted to hear like Vicarious, Sober, Schism, Stinkfist, Jambi etc
Monday 29 April 2013 - 00:27:12

citation :
ryan5 says : Saw Tool Last night. Was good, they opened with Hooker with a penis and played some songs i Wanted to hear like Vicarious, Sober, Schism, Stinkfist, Jambi etc

I want to see them so bad--they're in my top Ten bands I want to see live the most. Sounds like they played some good tracks too. I'd really mostly want them to play Reflection or 10,000 Days.

Thursday 02 May 2013 - 13:03:20
Yeah it was good but i was seated like 6000 or so other people. Danny Carey is a machine and they had a pretty cool light show on the big screen behind their set. I would have to say the best song/s was Lateralus and/or Stinkfist.

From what i remember the set list went:

Hooker with a penis
Vicarious
Sober
Schism
Intermission (For an intermission of 15 mins)
Pushit (? this was one i was unsure of at the show. How am i unsure? well i only listened to it 6 or so times before the show and that was whilst i was doing homework.)
Lateralus
Jambi
Stinkfist

There was a one or Two songs i probably missed out. Being the true Tool fan I AM I didnt know one or Two songs ergo they are omitted.
Thursday 02 May 2013 - 16:16:50

citation :
ryan5 says : Pushit (? this was one i was unsure of at the show. How am i unsure? well i only listened to it 6 or so times before the show and that was whilst i was doing homework.) 

Pushit is the song where the lyrics have the phrase 'pushit' in it.

The show sounds wicked. From what I can tell the set list needed some more of Tools really lengthy trippy songs on it, but still a good set list, especially seeing as there wasn't too much of Undertow and Nothing from Opiate on it (I don't like either of those albums).

Apparently Tool's light show is different for every single show they Ever play, from what I've heard. I would have loved to see Keenan and Carey live.

Recently Saw Opeth, and even though I don't exactly love them as a band their live show was astounding. Akerfeldt's live vocals are either exactly like the studio recordings or (sometimes) better. I now have a new appreciation for songs I didn't think much of before, such as White Cluster and BlackWater Park. Akerfeldt is great at connecting to the audience--at one point between songs everyone was shouting songs they Wanted to hear. I was trying to lead people into yelling DRAPERY FALLS! And when enough people started doing it, Akerfeldt plays the first few guitar lines and sings the first few bars (the whole audience follows along) then he starts playing Stairway to Heaven and switches instead to a totally different Opeth song, just to Screw with everyone. He's pretty funny

Unfortunately there were only like Two songs form Heritage (I don't understand why everyone hates that album--I think it's actually one of Opeth's better albums). But they DID play a song from Damnation, which is my favourite Opeth album. Unfortunately the song they played was one of my least favourites from the album (Hope Leaves).

Sunday 12 May 2013 - 09:05:16
I'm going to see Boris the Blade tonight, KeeN as a bean!

Sunday 11 August 2013 - 02:47:01
I Saw Mike Tramp perform a solo acoustic set at the 1150 Oak Bar and Grill in Cranston, RI. I must say that it was the best concert I have Ever been to!

The opening ACT was outstanding, too! They were an unsigned band that went by the name Pistol Shot Gypsy.

Tuesday 02 September 2014 - 17:18:28

Went o sonishpere Knebworth for a day, Saw Alestorm, Babymetal Ghost, Carcass,Anthrax, Slayer and Iron maiden for the third time. All really good.

Tuesday 07 October 2014 - 04:08:35

i recently randomly attended a Iron Reagan show it was completely awesome..

just found out they're actually going back out on tour later this month and it's definitely worth posting..
https://www.facebook.com/IRONREAGAN/app_123966167614127

check out this music video and you'll want to go even more..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_mTsuaOj4s

Spirit of Metal Webzine 2003-2024
site developed and maintained by Spirit of Metal Team