About Spirit of Metal >> Reviews and Comments
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Tuesday 17 May 2011 - 07:43:25
Hey there... I'm not trying to be a hardass or anything. But I don't exactly like the quality of some of the reviews going around lately. Now, I'm not asking everyone to write 1500 words for a single review. But I don't like reviews being five or Six lines long either, because why should I put effort in my reviews when I can just wite a couple of lines. I'm not saying that they should be deleted or anything, but if that kind of thing isn't a comment... what the Hell is?

Also, this topic is where you can report anything that should be downgraded or deleted (in the case of track by track) reviews.

...and yes, I did steal this off the French Forums 0  

Tuesday 17 May 2011 - 12:15:13
i dont know which reviews you mean in special. but i personally dont think its a matter of the lenght of a review to be a review or a comment.
and btw i dont find a review with only 4 or 5 lines.
as long as a review is written kinda objective its a review. some people write half a book as a review and others prefer to write a shorter summarized way.
if you mean a special person or review you always have the chance to comment to this specific person or review. so this reviewer gets your message for sure and is able to answer.

i dont think there should be a topic where others Decide about downgrading or deleting written reviews of others.

if you personally have a problem with the style of some reviews, use the comment box and discuss it there. thats the reason we have this comment box. not only for positive critics.  

Tuesday 17 May 2011 - 14:44:59
Mini my dear friend, your reviews are not exactly quality are they. Read some of them again and see how many spelling mistakes you have made. I know my spelling and grammar is awful, that's why I don't do reviews.

Tuesday 17 May 2011 - 22:36:47

citation :
MothandMoon says : Mini my dear friend, your reviews are not exactly quality are they. Read some of them again and see how many spelling mistakes you have made. I know my spelling and grammar is awful, that's why I don't do reviews.

yes mate I know that, but the whole purpose to write a review is to get a message across. I try and adequately describe everything I can when I write one. Yes... I'm very Lazy when it comes to grammar and spelling errors (you probably already know from the forums 0 )... But I'm working on it 0

Since I'm only writing for fun... I don't think grammar is THAT important. (its important... not THAT important. 

citation :
not only for positive critics.

Thank you sir... I shall do that!

Wednesday 18 May 2011 - 01:35:36
What good is a review if you can't communicate what you want to say about the album properly since your grammar is shit?

Oh, and it's not the length of the review that matters. I'm sure I could probably get more out of the 6-liners as opposed to one of your reviews. Some of the time, anyways.

Wednesday 18 May 2011 - 13:34:46
yay! the whole tribe is here!

@Hack - To be honest, I perfer longer reviews, I love reading (love it love it love it, especially when it is about metal). not because I think that they are "cooler" but when reading a review. I like to get as much infomation about it before I consider getting it myself. Now the problem with shorter reviews in my opinion is that they don't seem to provide enough infomation about the album.

@Enigmatick - Obviously you cannot communicate when grammar and spelling is shit... yeah sure mine aren't the best when it comes to this, but they still get the message across. And besides, I read some of the comments from the bands themselves, they don't give two shits about grammar and "oh... he spelt Black Metal wrong" or "oh... he capitalized black metal"

And... really? you think that mine are honestly pieces of shit that pack less puch than a Six liner? Exactly how many of mine have you read? How old were they? Are you just trolling? 

I created this topic to try and improve the quality of reviews on SoM (yes I know its not my job, but hey... I don't like the though of SoM's reviews being undermined) I think this is especially ironic since that you are The One who thinks that M-A has the better reviews by Far over SoM (oh yeah, why don't you post some of your reviews here? or are your reviews too good for SoM? )

I think that its a shame that all of this is comming out now, considering that I made a Reviews Topic specifically for this, and people don't bother using it. If you wanna continue this covesation click here

BTW: M-A isn't that strict, to test that I submitted two of my reviews there and they both were accepted.

Marduk - Panzer Divison Marduk
Taake - Hordalands

Thursday 19 May 2011 - 06:03:29

citation :
hack says : I don't like those super long reviews.  Who the Hell wants to spend 5 or 10 minutes reading something that rambles on like a chapter of a book?

TRANSLATION: You have a short attention span.

citation :
miniradman says: I created this topic to try and improve the quality of reviews on SoM
(yes I know its not my job, but hey... I don't like the though of SoM's
reviews being undermined) I think this is especially ironic since that
you are The One who thinks that M-A has the better reviews by Far over SoM (oh yeah, why don't you post some of your reviews here? or are your reviews too good for SoM? )

a) chill, I'm not tryna Attack you or anything.
b) that's not the correct use of "ironic". Does anybody know how to fucking use this word correctly?
c) Metal-Archives accepts reviews simply based on whether or not they describe the music. The quality of the writing itself is not a determining factor, unless you're a crazy shouting south american who can only half speak English.
d) I don't post my reviews up here because I'm too Lazy to cross-post. Simple, really. I still put links up to mine in other threads, so it's not like I'm keeping them from you guys or anything. It's not a big deal anyways.

Thursday 19 May 2011 - 09:48:36

citation :
Enigmatick says :
a) chill, I'm not tryna Attack you or anything.
b) that's not the correct use of "ironic". Does anybody know how to fucking use this word correctly?
c) Metal-Archives accepts reviews simply based on whether or not they describe the music. The quality of the writing itself is not a determining factor, unless you're a crazy shouting south american who can only half speak English.
d) I don't post my reviews up here because I'm too Lazy to cross-post. Simple, really. I still put links up to mine in other threads, so it's not like I'm keeping them from you guys or anything. It's not a big deal anyways.

mhm, the last message you posted seemed like a Attack but ok...

I used to word ironic to try and make the connections about previous comments about how you think that M-A's reviews are better, and how I got mine on there. I could have used another word but its the only thing that came to mind.

Also, I managed to get my reviews on M-A to test how strict they were... mine got accepted so I assume they aren't terrible. Which was the vibe I got from previous messages posted on here.

I also did assume that you were trying to keep your reviews away from SoM for some reason, but thats probably me just being paranoid...

Thursday 19 May 2011 - 13:08:24

citation :
Enigmatick says :
Oh, and it's not the length of the review that matters. I'm sure I could probably get more out of the 6-liners as opposed to one of your reviews. Some of the time, anyways.

What I think he Means by short reviews is that some of the really short ones are like this: "This album's decent, go get it. Don't smoke and stay in school kids." Here's an example of that:
http://www.spirit-of-metal.com/album-groupe-Children_Of_Bodom-nom_album-Follow_the_Reaper-l-en.html
All he said was that some songs are really good and that any metalhead could like it. He didn't describe anything in the album at all. And he didn't have those ridiculous massages to kids either.

Thursday 19 May 2011 - 13:10:22

citation :
dawn_of_metal says :

citation :
Enigmatick says :

What I think he Means by short reviews is that some of the really short ones are like this: "This album's decent, go get it. Don't smoke and stay in school kids." Here's an example of that:
http://www.spirit-of-metal.com/album-groupe-Children_Of_Bodom-nom_album-Follow_the_Reaper-l-en.html
All he said was that some songs are really good and that any metalhead could like it. He didn't describe anything in the album at all. And he didn't have those ridiculous massages to kids either.

Thats probably why it is comment 0