About Spirit of Metal >> Reviews and Comments
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Thursday 19 May 2011 - 23:57:54
To be honest, I don't really read reviews on SoM as obsessively as I do on M-A, so I haven't seen the REALLY bad ones.

EDIT: Okay, I just read that review. Jesus. That was horrible. That's the reason I say M-A has stricter standards, they'd never be caught dead letting shit like that slip through.

Friday 20 May 2011 - 08:30:51

citation :
Enigmatick says : To be honest, I don't really read reviews on SoM as obsessively as I do on M-A, so I haven't seen the REALLY bad ones.

EDIT: Okay, I just read that review. Jesus. That was horrible. That's the reason I say M-A has stricter standards, they'd never be caught dead letting shit like that slip through.

The thing is that the text on the CoB album isn't a review, its a comment. You can tell by the colour of the bar over the text. If its Red it's a review and if it's grey its a comment 0

Friday 20 May 2011 - 17:46:47
miniradman is right. only reviews are published on the main page. same for the social networks. comments you can just read under the specific albums.

Monday 23 May 2011 - 00:16:02
Since this seems like the right time to ask, I'll ask it now: what's the point of comments? If somebody really cared that much about commenting on a review they could simply address the reviewer directly via PM or forum, and if they really disagree with their opinion that much that if makes their Blood boil, they could just write a review of their own. Seems like they don't really accomplish anything.

Monday 23 May 2011 - 09:06:11

citation :
Enigmatick says : Since this seems like the right time to ask, I'll ask it now: what's the point of comments? If somebody really cared that much about commenting on a review they could simply address the reviewer directly via PM or forum, and if they really disagree with their opinion that much that if makes their Blood boil, they could just write a review of their own. Seems like they don't really accomplish anything.

The comment is not on a review. But on album itself album, comments on albums are just texts and opinions that aren't descriptive enough to be a review (such as that Children Of Bodom one) 0

If you were refering to the actuall commenting system SoM has, I think its there for ease of access. But a lot of times the reviewer can't be fucked to respond and that basically defeats the purpose of commenting anyway.  

Tuesday 24 May 2011 - 20:00:25

citation :
miniradman says :
If you were refering to the actuall commenting system SoM has, I think its there for ease of access. But a lot of times the reviewer can't be fucked to respond and that basically defeats the purpose of commenting anyway.  

I've complained about this before, but anyway, I Hate the commenting system on people's reviews as you cannot respond to them--you just have to comment and hope the first person who commented comes back and reads your comment, which is BS.
There should be a 'reply' option, and people will get an update when someone replies to their comment. It's really an awkward setup right now.

Saturday 28 May 2011 - 18:18:24
Well, actually there is such an option. when you post a comment you can make a check mark to get a notification when somebody write a comment after the yours.
just activate the button below the comment box.

Sunday 29 May 2011 - 00:43:54
Yeah I was gonna say 0

I'm still getting notifications when people comment on your Burzum : Fallen review 0

Thursday 04 July 2013 - 03:05:50
Hey guys, I just found this site and I was hoping to submit some recordings of a band I'm working with for review. The band is finishing up the recording of their first album, and currently have a finished single. I'm wondering if I could submit the single for review. They also have a demo up on a bandcamp page, but we're really excited about single and would like to get it out there with a good quality review.

The bandcamp page houses both the new single and the demo, so we would also appreciate a review of both, with perhaps some special attention paid to the single. I realize you get countless submissions, but if I were to submit the recordings, could you take a listen?

Thanks!

Ali