Nerds Central >> Physics!
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 25 September 2011 - 17:19:36
Mini, have you ever seen/read Watchmen? What you are trying to say describes how one of the main characters (Dr. Manhattan) develops their powers. In reality, that would be literally impossible.

You could get "superpowers" from Mutation, but the chance is exponentially low.

Oh well.

Sunday 25 September 2011 - 17:29:39

citation :
Mercenarion says : Mini, have you ever seen/read Watchmen? What you are trying to say describes how one of the main characters (Dr. Manhattan) develops their powers. In reality, that would be literally impossible.

awww

Yeah I've seen the Watchmen... the most boring move ever made

I'm actually starting to wonder how teleporters would even be possible. Once you rip something apart, what would stick it back together again?

Sunday 25 September 2011 - 17:59:05

citation :
miniradman says :

citation :
Mercenarion says : Mini, have you ever seen/read Watchmen? What you are trying to say describes how one of the main characters (Dr. Manhattan) develops their powers. In reality, that would be literally impossible.

awww

Yeah I've seen the Watchmen... the most boring move ever made

I'm actually starting to wonder how teleporters would even be possible. Once you rip something apart, what would stick it back together again?

1. GET THE FUCK OUT

2. For a teleporter to work, you'd have to be converted to energy (E=mc², Bitch). So, you'd have to be going at light speed. The energy would then be directed along a path to the opposite End of the teleporter. After you are converted back to matter, you'd be a blob.

Sunday 25 September 2011 - 18:06:08

citation :
Mercenarion says :

1. GET THE FUCK OUT

citation :
2. For a teleporter to work, you'd have to be converted to energy (E=mc², Bitch). So, you'd have to be going at light speed. The energy would then be directed along a path to the opposite End of the teleporter. After you are converted back to matter, you'd be a blob.

Damn that sounds painful

So basically
  • someone would need to be going at the speed of light which Means alot of windburn
  • someone would need to reach a high energy state, so they'll be burnt to death
  • then they'll turn into a blob
I think it would be much easier to build a machine to copy yourself into another machine and killing the original body.

Tuesday 27 September 2011 - 00:18:10
oh GOD that would be fun... it's not murder if you Kill yourself lol or is it, as the copy could possibly have a different out look on life, and thoughts... just sayin...
Thursday 29 September 2011 - 12:49:31
that'd be boring...

I'd just make heaps of copies of myself ... Just imagine, an army of miniradman taking over the world

Friday 30 September 2011 - 02:36:29
well i know the SOM forums would be incredibly active...
Friday 30 September 2011 - 03:27:02

citation :
blackhawk308 says : well i know the SOM forums would be incredibly active...

Friday 30 September 2011 - 04:09:03

citation :

Off-topic: There actually is a forum where a guy talks to himself constantly. He has over 50000 posts. It's... fucking creepy.

Friday 30 September 2011 - 04:17:12

citation :
Mercenarion says :

citation :

Off-topic: There actually is a forum where a guy talks to himself constantly. He has over 50000 posts. It's... fucking creepy.

Which forum is this?