Nerds Central >> Physics!
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Tuesday 16 August 2011 - 22:12:20
Who loves physics?

Tuesday 16 August 2011 - 22:38:15
I love physics. Especially theoretical (i.e.: the kind that will never benefit mankind).

Tuesday 16 August 2011 - 22:46:29
Although I am doing the most basic of basics in physics at the moment. I am growing fond of physics and maths b, which I probably would never have expected.

Tuesday 16 August 2011 - 22:49:52
The basics are simple. The only really difficult part of physics is quantum mechanics (which happens to be one of my favourites subsections ).

Though I have knowledge on every part of physics, I'm not necessarily as good at biology. Oh well.

Tuesday 16 August 2011 - 22:52:29

citation :
Mercenarion says : The basics are simple. The only really difficult part of physics is quantum mechanics (which happens to be one of my favourites subsections ).

Though I have knowledge on every part of physics, I'm not necessarily as good at biology. Oh well.

I think the most difficult part of physics to me is understanding concepts. There is no way In Hell that I'll understand quantum mechanics . (although I am interested in it)

what about chemistry?

Tuesday 16 August 2011 - 22:59:25

citation :
miniradman says :

citation :
Mercenarion says : The basics are simple. The only really difficult part of physics is quantum mechanics (which happens to be one of my favourites subsections ).

I think the most difficult part of physics to me is understanding concepts. There is no way In Hell that I'll understand quantum mechanics . (although I am interested in it)

what about chemistry?

I'm pretty good at chemistry.

And the concepts can be difficult for some, but once you start to understand basic concepts, you can piece together more complex concepts.

Wednesday 17 August 2011 - 10:24:28

citation :
Mercenarion says :
I'm pretty good at chemistry.

And the concepts can be difficult for some, but once you start to understand basic concepts, you can piece together more complex concepts.

Well I'm glad to find someone who thinks like me...

The thing I have the trouble the most with is molar masses. I get the steps, but I perfer to understand the steps because it helps me remember them. Also I can tell if my answer is about right. or not

Thursday 18 August 2011 - 09:38:07
Had a physics test the other day coincedentally. It was relatively simple. Like you just plug in the formula or switch it around.

We did:

V=u+at
S=ut squared + a half at squared
V squared=u squared + 2as
v=s divided by t. only for those without acceleration

F=MA
GPE=MGH
Power=Change in energy over time (i think)
KE=a half then something something

These are the formulas that i can remember.
Thursday 18 August 2011 - 09:40:31
Answer to mini's question is yes. Because i had a good teacher and it wasnt that hard, i quite liked physics. I had a shit teacher for chemistry and i found that a bit of a Bitch but i still passed.
Thursday 18 August 2011 - 09:41:14

citation :
ryan5 says : Had a physics test the other day coincedentally. It was relatively simple. Like you just plug in the formula or switch it around.

We did:

V=u+at
S=ut squared + a half at squared
V squared=u squared + 2as
v=s divided by t. only for those without acceleration

Ah yess, kinematics... gotta love em.

have you guys done impulse yet?