Discussions about Music >> Other than Metal, any other music genres you like?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Monday 13 June 2011 - 23:51:30
My brother wanted to prove to me that he has a more ranged taste in music than me so he bought an African-American blues CD of stuff recorded from the late 30s. His name is Robert Johnson, and ironically my brother's not touched it and I've heard it twice already. It's really cool--he can shred that guitar and sings like a Beast with more range than 10 Micheal Jacksons and a Chris Reifert. He's also the most metal blues musician ever, because legend has it he traded his soul with the devil for the talent to play the blues. If that's not tr00 kvlt metal, I don't know what is.

Above is one of his songs. It's funny, one of the top-rated comments says this is more Evil than death metal. He's right; I could totally see an early Bathory cover of this.

Tuesday 14 June 2011 - 07:50:10
Oh yeah, the guy is cool.
Also, all blues musicians have either sold their soul to the devil or killed a man in Memphis and complain that their women Treat them bad. 0

Tuesday 14 June 2011 - 13:32:15

citation :
Raina says : Oh yeah, the guy is cool.
Also, all blues musicians have either sold their soul to the devil or killed a man in Memphis and complain that their women Treat them bad. 0

It's actually amusing--most of the comments on Robert Johnson songs seem to be Christians saying things like 'Oh it's such a shame to know he's In Hell now' and 'why did he have to give in and sell his soul? No true Christan would do that' etc. Kinda funny.
Oh, and this guy was apparently poisoned to death by an ex-girlfriend before he was 21, so...

Friday 14 October 2016 - 16:09:06

Crust punk, Hardcore punk, post-punk, thrashcore, powerviolence, Grindcore, noisecore, jazzcore, rockabilly, blues, jazz, rap, ska.

Saturday 14 October 2017 - 19:35:23

im like Oceans Ate Alaska – Hikari

Wednesday 31 October 2018 - 13:23:08

me H.M.R .80 at side. only ,,ozzy osbourne,, ,,europe,, ,,deep purple,, I known. in teens age (91-93) me catch on alternative vawe- PJHarvey, Rollins Band, Terrorvision, Anthrax, Rat Salad, Bad Religion, Nirvana, Sonic Youth, Stone Temple Pilots, Smashing Pumpkins, Therapy, Daisy Chainsaw, L7. now that vawe something die away.

then starting deathmetl catch my soul with- Morbid Angel, Sepultura, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Obituary bandz. then my soul drown with urlapank(crime U.S.S.R.) -Korrozia Metalla, Electric Shock Therapy, Elvis Gitler, Tezhelyi Denn, Alisa, Kino bandz.

and so on...  now my brain open Unblack Vawe (what I discribe like furyblack). so much furyness & darkness Earth dont go thruogh...

letz go talk about more styles....

Monday 05 November 2018 - 10:52:51

at first im liking russianrock compilations- ,,rok panorama 87,, ,,monsters of rock u.s.s.r.,, ,,zeleznyi marsh 1,, a.o. than i likeng technorap- ,,car man,, ,,tehnologiia,, ,,come on and sleep with me,, , then nu punk vawe 95...

Monday 26 August 2019 - 00:09:38

Alternative Rock and. Pure Rock, Punk, Celtic Music, Classic Music

Friday 17 January 2020 - 22:02:28

I listen to stuff from all over  listening to Inferna from Oklahoma  City right now  , otherwise I've been listening  to punk and Crust from South America  and from Czechoslovakia,  Belarus, Russian Federation then I'll switch up to some Folk/Bluegrass from Oklahoma  City (2nd Street Rag Stompers)  .

Wednesday 22 January 2020 - 14:13:51

I listen to punk quite a bit actually and I do like some 90s rap every so often