Musicians >> Favourite drummers
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 19 December 2010 - 21:51:18

citation :
psycho_metal says :

Simone Piras (Hour Of Penance)

is that who's currently drumming for em? they go through band members like crazy now. Who ever it is, he's insanely fast, i'm listening to Paradogma right now, this album gets better everytime i hear it.

definantly my favorite drummer right now

Monday 20 December 2010 - 06:57:32
The All Time Best drummer (and I know you young guys wont't Agree)

Is Cozy Powell

in fact I run a Cozy Powell WEB site on the mighty one
most of you younger guys on't have heard much of POWELL , I reccomend you listen if you want to find a classic metal drummer.

http://cozypowell.webs.com/

Monday 20 December 2010 - 19:22:05

citation :
psycho_metal says :

citation :
UaDeathcore says : 1)Joey Jordison
He plays so fast, i can't believe that human can play such way.

I can name you some drummers, who make him look like a snail.

My favorite drummers:
Mayhemic Destructor (Endstille)
Frost (1349)
Nils Fjellström (Dark Funeral)
Otus (Lordi)
Christof Schneider (Rammstein, he's not not that impressive, but I like him as a person)
The drum machine used by Shaun LaCanne

And others, I'm to Lazy to name them now

And then we didn't talk about:

Infernus - Behemoth
Hellhammer - Mayhem
Horgh - Immortal
H - Watain
Stormblast - Thunderbolt
Nefastus - Belphegor
Lars Broddesson - Marduk

Monday 20 December 2010 - 21:08:36

citation :
Demogorefest says :

citation :
psycho_metal says :

is that who's currently drumming for em? they go through band members like crazy now.

To be honest, I have no idea, but yes, I think it's the guy from Paradogma.
I am not that much familiar with band members.

Monday 27 December 2010 - 11:55:37
Drummers that I like a lot and by which I've been influenced would be those of my favourite bands,

tv show
lists

Saturday 29 January 2011 - 03:52:24

citation :
BlackForst says : Joy jordison slpiknot
 he plays that shit rlly fast.
Hellhamer ex_dimmu borgir and ex- cof
he whas a great drummer
Hellhammer is awesome.  joey is good, but not a speed king.

Saturday 29 January 2011 - 03:54:56
Mike Mangini.
as a drummer I noticed his speed, chops & mind bending beats and fell in love with his work. 

Saturday 29 January 2011 - 04:03:49

citation :
allicia says : The All Time Best drummer (and I know you young guys wont't Agree)

Is Cozy Powell

in fact I run a Cozy Powell WEB site on the mighty one
most of you younger guys on't have heard much of POWELL , I reccomend you listen if you want to find a classic metal drummer.

http://cozypowell.webs.com/
Im 45 and I dont agree.  I am hugely familiar with his body of work.  The list of bands he DIDNT play for is smaller than the list of bands he did.  Back in the day he was "THE MAN" when it came to str8 up 4/4 time rock drumming.  Some of my fav COZY work was with Schenker & MSG.  

Tuesday 22 February 2011 - 00:17:13
Mike Portnoy

Friday 25 February 2011 - 00:48:56
Here's a set of mine:

-Mike Smith (Suffocation): For my money, Smith is one of the best drummers because he manages to balance technicality with a sense of taste and restraint, as well as a really fearsome, hard-hitting style. The drums on Effigy of the Forgotten are incredibly musical in nature - they operate in tandem with the punishing riffwork amazingly well without being overly flashy or subdued. Not that Suffo's other drummers were BAD (although I never got into Dave Culross' drumming as much on Despise the Sun), but Smith clearly is one of the best in my opinion.

-Randy Foxe (Manilla Road): Foxe always had a really flashy, hard-hitting style, but what sets his drumming apart is how well it meshes with the rest of the member's of Manilla Road - the dude often uses a lot of really creative fills and accents, but never to where it really detracts from the songs. They're very musical in nature as well.

-Aad Klausterwold (Sinister): I'm certain I completely mispelled the dude's last name. Anyway, Sinister's early albums feature some of the most punishing yet tight percussion work i've ever heard on a Death Metal alum, knowing when to lay off the gas and really accentuate the riffwork, and when to slam Down and go to 180 miles an hour, with some really creative fills and accents. Sinister's a fairly blast-heavy band, but his drumming really makes it work.

-Dave Lombardo (Slayer): Come on, this is obvious why. Great sense of groove, great fills, great drumkit sound, etc. One of the masters for a reason.

-Pete Sandoval (Morbid Angel, Terrorizer): Shit, this one is obvious as well... but I struggle to come up with better drum performances in metal then the first three Morbid Angel albums and the lone Terrorizer LP. (to Hell with all your Darker Days Ahead nonsense! ;) ) Fast as fuck, but with an incredible sense of groove and timing.

-Bill Ward (Black Sabbath): Really, the dude had an incredible sense of timing and groove on the early Sabbth albums, his somewhat jazzy style was a perfect complement with Geezer's sludgy bass and Iommi's monstrous, crushing riffage. The guy also consistently had a fantastic drum sound throughout the first Six Black Sabbath releases.