Avant-garde/Experimental Metal >> Favourite Avant-Garde/Experimental Metal Bands
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Saturday 19 March 2011 - 00:40:42

citation :
Raina says : I like catchy metal and i'm not afraid to admit it. 0  'Catchy' is also a compliment if it's coming from me, but I don't mean mindless/boring stuff that repeats itself over and over like pop/dance music.

You just don't like the idea of metal bands being popular/mainstream. and a lot of people listening to it, Enigmatick. You might just want to feel special, in a non-cute douchy metal elitist way...0 0

Saturday 19 March 2011 - 00:43:41

citation :
Raina says : I like catchy metal and i'm not afraid to admit it. 0  'Catchy' is also a compliment if it's coming from me, but I don't mean mindless/boring stuff that repeats itself over and over like pop/dance music.

You just don't like the idea of metal bands being popular/mainstream. and a lot of people listening to it, Enigmatick. You might just want to feel special, in a non-cute douchy metal elitist way...0 0

Bravo, Raina, that made my day a little better.

Saturday 19 March 2011 - 09:31:54

citation :

Where's the 'Post of the Month' award

Saturday 19 March 2011 - 11:15:18

citation :
Panzerjager says :

citation :

Where's the 'Post of the Month' award

haha where is the like and dislike buttons 0

Sunday 20 March 2011 - 20:28:26

citation :

That's totally why I like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Machinae Supremacy and Lady Gaga. (you heard me.) I've got no problem with easily digestible music, but when it's presented in a form that doesn't call for that type of accessibility it doesn't work.

And really, the reason we started listening to metal was to listen to music that was meant to engage and communicate with the listener rather than bilk us of our dollars. My point was NOT that metal isn't/shouldn't be popular, because it's one of the most popular genres of music in the world right now, it really is.

Christ, it wasn't nearly as amazing a comment as you all made it seem, it's like whenever anybody gives me the slightest jab you mongrels all run and fellate whoever did it.

Monday 21 March 2011 - 08:17:29

citation :
That's totally why I like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Machinae Supremacy and Lady Gaga. (you heard me.) I've got no problem with easily digestible music, but when it's presented in a form that doesn't call for that type of accessibility it doesn't work.

mhm? you have never mentioned this before 0  (or maybe I haven't seen it)

citation :
And really, the reason we started listening to metal was to listen to music that was meant to engage and communicate with the listener rather than bilk us of our dollars. My point was NOT that metal isn't/shouldn't be popular, because it's one of the most popular genres of music in the world right now, it really is.

damn straight it is!

citation :

Christ, it wasn't nearly as amazing a comment as you all made it seem, it's like whenever anybody gives me the slightest jab you mongrels all run and fellate whoever did it.

U jelly Enigmatick?
I'm sure you have something else to say, you always do.

Monday 21 March 2011 - 17:51:48
I like a few mainstream-ish bands myself.
Kraftwerk, Blue Oyster Cult, Pink Floyd (the bands that were once popular)
Tool (Trust me, they're fucking awesome), Disturbed (I like 'em alright, last album was sucky apart from the first 2 tracks and the album before that only had a few good ones), and Ramsmtein (they dwindled on their last album, but they've got some great stuff).

Tuesday 22 March 2011 - 05:44:51

citation :
miniradman says :
U jelly Enigmatick?

Dear christ, either stop with the 4chan-isms or go back to 4chan. I come to forums to get AWAY from the 4chan memes and snickering mongoloids that frequent that place. Not saying you are one, but you're making yourself look like one.

and really, where did everybody get the impression that I'm anti-mainstream or something? I honestly want to know.

Tuesday 22 March 2011 - 17:32:12

citation :
Enigmatick says :

citation :
miniradman says :
U jelly Enigmatick?

Dear christ, either stop with the 4chan-isms or go back to 4chan. I come to forums to get AWAY from the 4chan memes and snickering mongoloids that frequent that place. Not saying you are one, but you're making yourself look like one.

and really, where did everybody get the impression that I'm anti-mainstream or something? I honestly want to know.

Your reactions say more a thousand words about being anti-mainstream

Wednesday 23 March 2011 - 01:37:17

citation :
Enigmatick says :
[and really, where did everybody get the impression that I'm anti-mainstream or something? I honestly want to know.

Well, I thought you didn't like most mainstream stuff until you posted a comment on one of the forums about how you found Death Magnetic decent and wanted to do a Metallica binge. I dunno where I got the impression, probably it was from your Reaction to deathcore... and a lot of other sorta true metalhead-isms that you've said on several forums. Not that there's anything wrong with that, though. You weren't like ThrashatanicA--you weren't really poser-ish about it.