Avant-garde/Experimental Metal >> Favourite Avant-Garde/Experimental Metal Bands
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Wednesday 23 February 2011 - 05:16:16
Diminishing Between Worlds and Polarity were more melodic and sounded like Death and Cynic and whatnot, but their debut, ...and Time Begins, was very similar to FgA.

Thursday 24 February 2011 - 01:36:08
One of my Favorite experimental band is Ephel Duath. A strange stuff between Jazz, Hardcore and Thrash, The painter's Palette album is simply awesome !

Thursday 24 February 2011 - 01:58:52

citation :
miniradman says : 

@InfinityZero: I did end up searching it and it came up with some odd paintings. I also looked it up on Wikipedia and this is what it said :

citation :
Wikipedia says: Avant-garde represents a pushing of the boundaries of what is accepted as the norm or the Status Quo

As Far as I'm concerend, We Butter The Bread With Butter fits this description 0 

That is such a vague description... If you use that description for avante-garde, then that Means just about EVERYTHING is avant-garde in its own way, and there for Nothing is avant-garde. Wiki may be good for some things, but some of those descriptions are a little vague...
Anywho, if anyone is interested in avante-gardish/doom stuff, Southern Lord records is chock-full of it. Here's a list of bands from the label, you can't go wrong with most of 'em:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Lord

Thursday 24 February 2011 - 03:03:49
Drone isn't really avant-garde but there's some okay bands on Southern Lord nonetheless.

Wednesday 16 March 2011 - 10:05:08
How come no one mentioned Arcturus yet?

Wednesday 16 March 2011 - 10:12:24
hmmm? yeah, they are a seriously popular band. But I just find their music really hard to get into 0

Wednesday 16 March 2011 - 17:50:36
...and this is a bad thing why? If you want music that's easy to get into, why do you listen to metal?

Friday 18 March 2011 - 18:31:58

citation :
Enigmatick says : ...and this is a bad thing why? If you want music that's easy to get into, why do you listen to metal?

There's actually metal that is harder to get into than others. For example Judas Priest or more centemporary Volbeat is more digestable than for example Sun o))), Arcturus or Ackercocke. Even metalheads have bands that they call 'hard to get into'. It's not a shame, it varies from person to person. You can have a Black metaller that doesn't get into Terrorizer or somebody who just can't get Mayhem ,for example but that doesn't make that metalhead not worthy.

Saturday 19 March 2011 - 00:17:18

citation :
Enigmatick says : ...and this is a bad thing why?

its not a bad thing at all?

Saturday 19 March 2011 - 00:39:24
I like catchy metal and i'm not afraid to admit it. 0  'Catchy' is also a compliment if it's coming from me, but I don't mean mindless/boring stuff that repeats itself over and over like pop/dance music.

You just don't like the idea of metal bands being popular/mainstream. and a lot of people listening to it, Enigmatick. You might just want to feel special, in a non-cute douchy metal elitist way...0 0