Discussions about Music >> Controversial metal opinions
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Monday 10 June 2013 - 20:35:20
it boggles the mind that there is even a genre like nsbm that is widely accepted.
I remember a psychobilly band tried to be nazi and they got shot Down strait away, in black Metal though they seem to thrive.

Monday 10 June 2013 - 22:58:46
Waste, I don't think that nationalism thrives in black metal. I believe that the reason it exists under The Black Metal banner is because it is an underground genre of music that was conceived around controversial opinions. I'm sure there are death Metal bands with nationalistic themes as well.

I just find it dumb to have NSBM as its own genre. It's black metal. Lyrics alone should not make a different genre of music. It's just like with White Metal or "Non Black Metal" (black Metal with Christian lyrics). I don't see why it can't just fall under the rest of black metal. Only the lyrics are different.

Mini, frankly I think satanism is still dumb, even under the defenition that this Mayhem guy gave. Anarchy is another really 'tarded philosophical view. Just like with NS-ism, I haven't found anyone who can decently argue these views without ultimately resorting to threats.

The total irony of those Aryan Terrorism lyrics is that they have the same juvenile tone of most ghetto rap songs. I wonder how the band would react if I told them that.
Seriously though, if these people claim to be presenting a higher order of thinking then you would think they'd present it with a little more subtlety.

Tuesday 11 June 2013 - 07:44:44
It just seems to be more accepted in black metal. Metal forums have threads asking who there fav nsbm band is and things like it is a normal acceptable way to be.
There is plenty of nazi skin Head punk bands, but in any normal punk forum they would be jumped on and told to fuck off...actually the same would probably happen in any alternate music forum. Apart from the sites solely dedicated to the subject .

I think it is good these bands are labeled as sub genres, even though it is just because of the lyrics. We all know the lyrics are impossible to hear in a lot of cases with black Metal, and you wouldn't want to be caught out supporting them if they are screaming about something you are strongly against

Tuesday 11 June 2013 - 16:19:38

citation :
wasteoflife! says : It just seems to be more accepted in black metal. Metal forums have threads asking who there fav nsbm band is and things like it is a normal acceptable way to be.
There is plenty of nazi skin Head punk bands, but in any normal punk forum they would be jumped on and told to fuck off...actually the same would probably happen in any alternate music forum. Apart from the sites solely dedicated to the subject .

I think it is good these bands are labeled as sub genres, even though it is just because of the lyrics. We all know the lyrics are impossible to hear in a lot of cases with black Metal, and you wouldn't want to be caught out supporting them if they are screaming about something you are strongly against

I'm strongly against murder, but I listen to music written by a murderer.

And anyway, the whole first paragraph you talk about the same thing twice. You said there are threads dedicated to favourite NSBM bands, and at The End you said that apart from threads solely dedicated to Nazi punk bands, neo-nazis are told to fuck off. I don't exactly see any neo-nazis around here, do you? As Far as I can see it's about the same thing.

Tuesday 11 June 2013 - 20:27:35

citation :
InfinityZero says :

citation :
wasteoflife! says : It just seems to be more accepted in black metal. Metal forums have threads asking who there fav nsbm band is and things like it is a normal acceptable way to be.

I'm strongly against murder, but I listen to music written by a murderer.

[/QUOTEwell you might as well not listen to any Metal if your against murder
what i'm saying is murder Monsters and things could be a fantasy or an expression of Anger or something alike. Racism and religion are beleifs

citation :
And anyway, the whole first paragraph you talk about the same thing twice. You said there are threads dedicated to favourite NSBM bands, and at The End you said that apart from threads solely dedicated to Nazi punk bands, neo-nazis are told to fuck off. I don't exactly see any neo-nazis around here, do you? As Far as I can see it's about the same thing.

i don't see anyone around here
No starting a thread and having it accepted in your forum isn't the same as have a whole site dedicated to it.

Wednesday 12 June 2013 - 02:26:28
Yeah, okay, so songs about killing are mostly expressions of hot emotion and Power etc, but it's different when someone actually murders someone else. Again, I listen to Burzum. I also like Emperor's first album (for the most part) and their drummer killed a gay dude in the woods and Two of the members of that lineup helped Varg Burn Down churches (I'm not sure if this sort of thing would make a difference to the music you listen to; I'm just using it to illustrate the seperation of the art and the artist. I also like Carvaggio paintings and Carvaggio was a serial killer. I like Marlon Brando films and I've heard that he was anti-semetic (not totally sure on that one, though).

What if you come across a band who has a nationalist member but the songs they write have Nothing to do with nationalism?

I guess the site/thread thing you pointed out is true, but I'm sure there are nazi punk sites all over the place. In Fact, I know there are.

Wednesday 12 June 2013 - 07:24:40

citation :
InfinityZero says : Yeah, okay, so songs about killing are mostly expressions of hot emotion and Power etc, but it's different when someone actually murders someone else. Again, I listen to Burzum. I also like Emperor's first album (for the most part) and their drummer killed a gay dude in the woods and Two of the members of that lineup helped Varg Burn Down churches (I'm not sure if this sort of thing would make a difference to the music you listen to; I'm just using it to illustrate the seperation of the art and the artist. I also like Carvaggio paintings and Carvaggio was a serial killer. I like Marlon Brando films and I've heard that he was anti-semetic (not totally sure on that one, though).

What if you come across a band who has a nationalist member but the songs they write have Nothing to do with nationalism?

I guess the site/thread thing you pointed out is true, but I'm sure there are nazi punk sites all over the place. In Fact, I know there are.

I myself will only pirate Burzum and then still rarely listen to it, i think Burzum gets let of the hook a bit because everyone knows hes a loon and don't take him seriously. He also has had a big part in The Black Metal movement.

If a band has a nationalist member but the songs have a Nothing to do with the topic, i doubt they would label themselves nsbm.

Though these band members you talk about have had some troubles in there lives they don't promote it in there songs.

church burning's are stupid and immature 'but hey' we were all young once, i myself have been done for arson

It's a good point about the artist thing, but it doesn't really have anything to do with sub genre's of Metal, and would you have even seen his art if he wasn't a serial Killer ?

Wednesday 12 June 2013 - 16:20:53

citation :
wasteoflife! says :
I myself will only pirate Burzum and then still rarely listen to it, i think Burzum gets let of the hook a bit because everyone knows hes a loon and don't take him seriously. He also has had a big part in The Black Metal movement.

If a band has a nationalist member but the songs have a Nothing to do with the topic, i doubt they would label themselves nsbm.

Though these band members you talk about have had some troubles in there lives they don't promote it in there songs.

church burning's are stupid and immature 'but hey' we were all young once, i myself have been done for arson

It's a good point about the artist thing, but it doesn't really have anything to do with sub genre's of Metal, and would you have even seen his art if he wasn't a serial Killer ?

You're missing out if you don't play Burzum on vinyl, my man! The BoB releases sound totally awesome. If you have a good stereo system, they're orgasmic.

I wasn't asking you if you'd consider this hypothetical band NSBM. I was asking if you would listen to them if you found out the members were nationalists.

"Though these band members you talk about have had some troubles in there lives they don't promote it in there songs."
Couldn't it also stand to reason that having a nationalistic view and promoting it in their songs, as church burning was heavily promoted in Mayhem and Emperor's music, as well as in Burzum (the cover of Aske is a burned-up church and the original vinyl came packaged with a lighter)?

"would you have even seen his art if he wasn't a serial Killer ? "

Do you not know who Carvaggio is? He's one of the most famous renaissance painters, often compared to Michaelangelo and DaVinci. Considering his paintings are extremely influential, I had seen them countless times before learning he was a serial killer.

Wednesday 12 June 2013 - 20:34:59

citation :

citation :
InfinityZero says :

citation :
wasteoflife! says :

You're missing out if you don't play Burzum on vinyl, my man! The BoB releases sound totally awesome. If you have a good stereo system, they're orgasmic.
no because i don't want to contribute to a racist loon no matter how good his music

citation :
[
I wasn't asking you if you'd consider this hypothetical band NSBM. I was asking if you would listen to them if you found out the members were nationalists.
no i wouldn't
citation :

Couldn't it also stand to reason that having a nationalistic view and promoting it in their songs, as church burning was heavily promoted in Mayhem and Emperor's music, as well as in Burzum (the cover of Aske is a burned-up church and the original vinyl came packaged with a lighter)?
if you didn't realize it was just a big part of making the bands look and sound 'pure evil', and it was a part, i think a lot of people disagreed with anyway, it definitely wasn't supporting a thing like complete genocide

"would you have even seen his art if he wasn't a serial Killer ? "

Do you not know who Carvaggio is? He's one of the most famous renaissance painters, often compared to Michaelangelo and DaVinci. Considering his paintings are extremely influential, I had seen them countless times before learning he was a serial killer.
don't even no who he is no i don't get in to art i think it's a load of bullshit to be honest and is off topic

Thursday 13 June 2013 - 01:32:32
Um, could you not reply to my stuff within my own quote? I don't like trying to guess what the cut-off parts of your writing say :

Anyway, again, it's about seperating the art from the artist.
If Varg used his money towards funding some anti-semetic Hate group, maybe I'd reconsider listening to Hvis Lyset TAR Oss so much. But he uses his money towards farming and has yet to inject his music with anything I have an issue with.

Oh, what about things like Slayer's song Angel of Death, about Josef Mengele finding terrible ways to Torture and Kill Jews en masse even though Two of the members of Slayer are Jewish, or the album Matando Gueros which is about murdering white Americans even though the band later hired a white drummer?

You think art is a load of bullshit? Now that is a controversial opinion. Explain?