Deathcore/Metalcore/Hardcore >> Which Genre do you perfer ?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Getting poll results. Please wait...
Which subgenre do you perfer?
Deathcore
Metalcore
Post-Hardcore
Screamo
Emo Metal
Hardcore Punk
Noise Hardcore

Tuesday 12 July 2011 - 16:17:19
All of these are acctually gay (few exceptions like Winds Of Plague for Deathcore)

Tuesday 12 July 2011 - 20:12:05
I find Winds Of Plague to be one of those bands whose genre is indescribable. It's like they have a mix of everything: Deathcore, progressive, symphonic, etc.

Monday 19 December 2011 - 18:23:33

citation :
Enigmatick says : what in the FUCK is emo metal?

This is Emo Metal:

I think Metalcore is the best. It hated because of BFMV but if people listened to Darkest Hour then they would think otherwise. So here' some recent Darkest Hour.

and for those who didn't know Darkest Hour is my Favorite band

Monday 19 December 2011 - 19:39:19
Darkest Hour is not the equal or the definiton of Metalcore, open your eyes and think Beyond one band

Tuesday 20 December 2011 - 01:17:54

citation :
Scared says :
I think Metalcore is the best. It hated because of BFMV but if people listened to Darkest Hour then they would think otherwise. So here' some recent Darkest Hour.

... I like Bullet For My Valentine

Lets think logically here for a second, if no-one liked them... how do they have so many fans?

Unless there is another definition for the word "fan" which I don't know of

Tuesday 20 December 2011 - 07:58:25

citation :
Panzerjager says : Darkest Hour is not the equal or the definiton of Metalcore, open your eyes and think Beyond one band

I concur. There'd be bands before DH that made metalcore. plus, as mini said, b4mv aren't bad at all.
Tuesday 20 December 2011 - 10:05:11
I mean they are well known and all i just don't like them, but I was looking at Bring Me The Horizon and noticed they have so many fans when I thought loads of people hated them.

citation :
Darkest Hour is not the equal or the definiton of Metalcore, open your eyes and think Beyond one band

Well then give me some other bands cause I do listen to other Metalcore to. Also i agree with you saying they are not the definition of metalcore. Also Black Tide are becoming more Metalcore now to, similar to BFMV so mini check out their new stuff. You might like the song Ashes (featuring Matt Tuck). Also I think that there are Two types of Metalcore, stuff similar to bfmv and stuff like Darkest Hour.

Tuesday 20 December 2011 - 11:07:16

citation :
Scared says : I mean they are well known and all i just don't like them, but I was looking at Bring Me The Horizon and noticed they have so many fans when I thought loads of people hated them.

Put it this way... if many people Hate a band, there will be many people liking that band as well.

citation :
Well then give me some other bands cause I do listen to other Metalcore to. Also i agree with you saying they are not the definition of metalcore. Also Black Tide are becoming more Metalcore now to, similar to BFMV so mini check out their new stuff. You might like the song Ashes (featuring Matt Tuck).

Yeah man, Black Tide are awesome... thanks for the rec

citation :
Also I think that there are Two types of Metalcore, stuff similar to bfmv and stuff like Darkest Hour.

lawl... I think that there are 4 types that I can think of (there are probably more).

The first style is... the first metalcore. Converge is who I consider as being the first Metalcore band. They just seem to be the first band who have satisfied the "extreme metal" and "hardcore" amagamation which is metalcore.

...And you can see why

The second style is obviously melodic metalcore. They're the bands like Bullet For My Valentine and The Devil Wears Parada and is what many people "think" what Metalcore is (I know I used to ). But in Fact, its just one in a few. Examplar...

Another sound is Metalcore which has been combined with elements of melodic death metal. before you say "zomg, you're not allowed Hybrid genres" I think there there are more than enough bands out there to classify it as its own sound.

The next sound are the bands who appeal to their Hardcore roots. Typically from modern Hardcore bands and this is where I think that Darkest Hour lives (here or melodic Metalcore). They are typically bands who are extremely fast paced and get incredible technical sometimes (for Metalcore). This is my favourite style of Metalcore because Aussies do it best

Tuesday 20 December 2011 - 11:18:24
I like the last to styles you posted their mini some awsome bands to, wasn't KeeN on the second but i didn't mind the first.

Tuesday 20 December 2011 - 11:25:04
YES! forums fulfilling their purpose