Discussions about Music >> Top 5 Favorite Bands
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Friday 22 October 2010 - 17:13:08
What are your top five favorite bands? And if you want to, you can give a breif descriptoin of why you like them 0

1. A Day To Remember
2. Chelsea Grin
3. Sysytem Of A Down
4.The Fall Of Troy
5. Nirvana

Errr it's so hard, I know! I wanna add sooo many more bands 0

Friday 22 October 2010 - 20:35:54
AC/DC
Kamelot
Primal Fear
Sabaton
Iced Earth

Saturday 23 October 2010 - 00:09:59
EDIT: Yeah, edited this all out. Will redo soon. Was bullshit before.

Yeah.

Sunday 24 October 2010 - 20:53:33
My top 5 bands (not in order)

1. Sabaton
2. VNV Nation
3. Equilibrium
4. Blind Guardian
5. Orphaned Land

Tuesday 26 October 2010 - 03:19:53
Agalloch- Their music just does it for me. So much on the surface, yet so much so explore. Entrancing, yet attention grabbing and captivating. Aggressive, yet melancholic and tear-jerking. They have it all. Been my favorite band since the very second I heard "Not Unlike the Waves".

Blind Guardian- They put the Power back into Power metal. Hansi Kursch has the Voice of a GOD, and while I can't say I'm a huge fan of their 21st century albums (though they do have their moments) albums like Somewhere Far Beyond and Imaginations From the Other Side are EXACTLY what Power Metal should be. Gritty, Epic, overblown, catchy, and of course, nerdy as fuck. Hell yeah.

Katatonia- Be it their early 90s death/doom material or the more depressive-rock-ish edge direction they've taken over the past few years, it's all brilliant. They Craft melodies that reveal Nothing to you on the surface, but instead make you go to them, creating a wonderful solitude in and of the music itself.

Insomnium- I sure do love melancholic music, don't I? These guys have eargasmic riff after eargasmic riff, great Finnish-style melodic Death Metal without any -core or Gothneburg bullshit thrown in, which coupled with their dark, yet oddly uplifting music and poetic lyrics, Means they're a great fucking band.

Summoning- Y'know, I'm not some huge fantasy nerd or anything, I don't find that shit particularly interesting, however,  I seem to like a lot of music that deals with those themes. Guess that's why my username's Enigmatick...hehe.
Anyways, these guys smoke face. Exactly why they smoke face does not matter, the fact stands that you haven't heard them yet (and if you have, that's all well and good) and should do so immediately. If you don't like this, well...we can't be friends anymore.

The end.

Honorable mentions go to:
Sepultura- THRAAAAAAAAASH. that is all.
Dismember- DEATH FUCKING METAL with a Chainsaw for a guitar and groovin' riffs. Need i say more?
Blut Aus Nord- Creepy. Alienating. Wonderful.
Aggression (Canadian one)- MORE FUCKING THRASH FOR YOUR EARS, Bitch

Wednesday 27 October 2010 - 00:22:04
Hell no! Changed my mind , not answering this...0

Wednesday 27 October 2010 - 05:24:45
1: Wintersun
2: Legion Of The Damned
3: Hypocrisy
4: Ensiferum
5: Gorgoroth

Wednesday 27 October 2010 - 10:35:09

citation :
Raina says : Hell no! Changed my mind , not answering this...0

take your time

Friday 18 November 2011 - 05:32:21
In no order, because it's too damn hard lol

1. Megadeth - Dave Mustaine is one of my favorite guitar players in the whole genre.  He knows exactly what he's doing and he does it well, along with all of the other members.  I love every single song of theirs.
2. Dream Theater - These guys really brought me into metal.  When I heard Constant Motion, I was blown away, everything about it was amazing.  I listen to all of their albums religiously.
3. Sepultura - Not just the Max era, but the Derrick era as well.  All of their albums are great, and I love the riffs Andreas Kisser comes up with.  Kairos is one of my favorite albums of 2011.
4. Machine Head - These guys just breathe music.  Ever Since I heard Through The Ashes Of Empires, I was hooked.  I'm a sucker for groovy riffs, and these guys deliver on that front.  They have even followed up Through The Ashes with The Blackening in 2007, and now Unto The Locust in 2011.  Dave McClain is also a beast.
5. Motörhead - Lemmy is one of my favorite frontmen of all time, and his Voice is just awesome.  Every song of theirs is catchy and just that damn good.  They consistently release incredible albums year after year, and they are still going strong.

Sunday 20 November 2011 - 00:43:33

citation :
ChelseaGrin says : What are your top five favorite bands? And if you want to, you can give a breif descriptoin of why you like them 0

1. A Day To Remember
2. Chelsea Grin
3. Sysytem Of A Down
4.The Fall Of Troy
5. Nirvana

Errr it's so hard, I know! I wanna add sooo many more bands 0

NoNe of these are metal...