Folk & Viking Metal >> folk metal
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Friday 18 September 2009 - 23:22:24
there is any  latin american who likes Folk Metal ?

Saturday 19 September 2009 - 03:01:33
i'm not latin, but i likes Folk Metal, some favorites are:
Heidevolk
Manegarm
Folkearth
Wolfchant
Ensiferum
Turisas
Yggdrasil
Graveland
Alestorm
XIV Dark Centuries

Thursday 24 September 2009 - 21:24:20
Check out the new band DYSPERIUM (dark Folk Metal)

http://www.myspace.com/dysperium
http://www.paganeurope.net/frostscald

Friday 25 September 2009 - 12:39:59
Im not latin but i like folk..
my fav is Battlelore

Thursday 08 October 2009 - 00:41:20
Manegarm
Korpiklaani
Svartsot
Otyg
Eluveitie (Early)
Graveland
Windir
Heidevolk

@People who said bands like Ensiferum, Turisas, Alestorm and others, they're not Folk Metal |:

Thursday 08 October 2009 - 04:10:56

citation :
JoeNoctus says : Manegarm
Korpiklaani
Svartsot
Otyg
Eluveitie (Early)
Graveland
Windir
Heidevolk

@People who said bands like Ensiferum, Turisas, Alestorm and others, they're not Folk Metal |:

hold on there... just cause i like the more popular bands doesn't mean i don't listen to the more Underrated bands, i'm a big fan of all the bands you mentioned, (i'll admit i'm not a Windir fan though). Folk Metal is my favorite Metal Sub Genre. check out Heorot and Thronar if you like the more "blackened" Folk Metal bands

Thursday 08 October 2009 - 16:51:16

citation :
Demogorefest says :

citation :
JoeNoctus says : Manegarm
Korpiklaani
Svartsot
Otyg
Eluveitie (Early)
Graveland
Windir
Heidevolk

hold on there... just cause i like the more popular bands doesn't mean i don't listen to the more Underrated bands, i'm a big fan of all the bands you mentioned, (i'll admit i'm not a Windir fan though). Folk Metal is my favorite Metal Sub Genre. check out Heorot and Thronar if you like the more "blackened" Folk Metal bands

I never said anything about liking lesser known bands, I'm just sayind those 3 bands aren't Folk Metal because they're not folk metal. Alestorm is Power Metal, Ensiferum is viking metal, and Turisas are viking metal too. There is no folk in their songs at all apart from the odd flute in an Ensiferum song.

Whether the band is well known or not makes little difference to whether it has folk in it. What did you think I meant?

Thursday 08 October 2009 - 23:15:06
ohh woops, i thought you were implying i was a Folk Metal "poser" in some way hahaha. i usually just combine folk and viking bands together cause i can't tell much of a difference between Folk, Viking, and Pagan metal.

Friday 09 October 2009 - 00:22:31

citation :
Demogorefest says : ohh woops, i thought you were implying i was a Folk Metal "poser" in some way hahaha. i usually just combine folk and viking bands together cause i can't tell much of a difference between Folk, Viking, and Pagan metal.

Oh, certainly not! I totally disapprove of the whole "poser" tag in metal. Instead of poking fun at people like that, help them find better music. That how I work, anyway.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

As for the difference betweek Folk and Viking metal (Pagan metal ranges far too much, it's mostly based on the lyrics above anything so lets leave that out of the definitions), Folk Metal actually USES folk instruments. Viking metal bands use the traditional band structure and almost always use artificial synth (Think along the lines of keyboards, used a lot in bands like Turisas, then think of bands like Heidevolk who use real traditional folk instruments). That is the biggest difference.

NoNe is better than the other, they're just different.

Friday 09 October 2009 - 15:42:34
this may kinda be off topic but, i was listening to this band called Raventhrone. have you ever heard of em? their logo looks a lot like your profile picture, they're more of a Dark Metal band, they've got some really good songs, check out their namesake song, it's very epic.

Spirit of Metal Webzine 2003-2024
site developed and maintained by Spirit of Metal Team