Folk & Viking Metal >> folk metal
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Friday 09 October 2009 - 19:02:33

citation :
Demogorefest says : this may kinda be off topic but, i was listening to this band called Raventhrone. have you ever heard of em? their logo looks a lot like your profile picture, they're more of a Dark Metal band, they've got some really good songs, check out their namesake song, it's very epic.

My profile picture is MY band. :P

Would you care to link me to a song by them? I'd appreciate it.

Oh, and since I mentioned my band here, I may as well mention I have a new EP coming out in a few months! It's called "Rebirth".

EDIT: Listened to a few tracks. It's rather bland and redundant, to be honest. Plus they have an album called "Malice In Wonderland"... Which being an absolutely awful name anyway, theres a goth rock band in Norway called that too. It isn't bad, but it is rather mediocre.

Friday 09 October 2009 - 22:42:06
personally, i only like their title song called Raventhrone- it's a lot more epic that the other stuff i've listened to (i'm not good with sending links and stuff on the internet, but the song's on their Spirit of Metal Page). what's your bands name? i'll have to look em up sometime, what genre are they?

Friday 09 October 2009 - 23:29:08

citation :
Demogorefest says : personally, i only like their title song called Raventhrone- it's a lot more epic that the other stuff i've listened to (i'm not good with sending links and stuff on the internet, but the song's on their Spirit of Metal Page). what's your bands name? i'll have to look em up sometime, what genre are they?

Old stuff is dark progressive metal.

The new stuff is more ambient influenced, but no new stuff has been released yet.

The name is Aika. The band was submitted here by a friend of mine over at the Manegarm forums, it's the reason I joined here.

The old stuff is....meh, not that good. But my friend over at the other forum seemed to like it a lot!

www.myspace.com/aikaband

The 3 songs by me you should primarilly listen to is Winter Eternity (The first song I composed), The Ensemble of Sorrow (I'm not too proud of the production on this one, but it is being redone for the new EP and it sounds fantastic!), and The Bitter Wind (The most metal focused song of all of them).

Some would say my material is really indecisive, I mean I have Black Metal songs (The Realm), doomish songs (Winter Eternity), and others.

Saturday 10 October 2009 - 05:35:02
sounds pretty good so far, i'm listening to Winter Eternity right now, it's a little slower than what i usually listen to but it's pretty good, you got some good melodies in there, i'll add you guys on myspace.

Saturday 10 October 2009 - 15:48:16

citation :
Demogorefest says : sounds pretty good so far, i'm listening to Winter Eternity right now, it's a little slower than what i usually listen to but it's pretty good, you got some good melodies in there, i'll add you guys on myspace.

Thank you. And it isn't "guys", it's a solo project ;) Winter Eternity is my slowest song, it has a big doom influence.

By the way, that Raventhrone song is growing on me.

Sunday 11 October 2009 - 18:30:47
another great folk band is Rudra, they're from the Phillipines, they don't use a whole lot of Folk Instruments but they definantly aren't just a Melodic Death Metal band, i've heard their genre be referred to as Vedic Metal. their newer stuff has more Folk stuff in it.

Monday 12 October 2009 - 23:24:45
i think  viking metal is almost alterated for me the best genere is the Pagan metal  because is most trradiconal

Tuesday 13 October 2009 - 22:39:09

citation :
imirand2 says : i think  viking metal is almost alterated for me the best genere is the Pagan metal  because is most trradiconal

What kind of bands? Pagan metal is a very loose term.

Wednesday 14 October 2009 - 22:13:17
I prefer Celtic metal, suchas eluvietie... but i like a bit of pagan/viking like Ensiferum, Finntroll and TyR... Folkearth is good bu they seem to be just folk, hardly any metal

Sunday 25 October 2009 - 16:57:38
been listening to alot of Black Messiah this Morning, they seem more Folk Metal that Symphonic Black Metal, i love that band. they got alotta really good tunes.

Spirit of Metal Webzine 2003-2024
site developed and maintained by Spirit of Metal Team