Sludge/Stoner/Doom Metal >> Which Doom album are you playing now?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Thursday 01 September 2011 - 23:30:18

Chapter I: Delirium - Colosseum

This was a welcome surprise. A lot of modern Funeral doom seems to be just copies of Thergothon and associated bands. Bands like Esoteric and a few others are still releasing great material. Then this band popped up. Their atmosphere is a mix of Shape Of Despair and Esoteric, which is mind boggling as that would be almost impossible to do; an atmosphere that is Endless and daunting while still full of emotion and melancholy. The growls are spine-chilling and never weaken. The guitar reminds me almost of Daylight Dies.

This is a must listen for Funeral doom lovers.

Friday 02 September 2011 - 04:59:38
Trouble's debut, Psalm 9 has been getting quite a bit of play time from me lately. One of my favourite records, all told. The riffwork on this record is just brilliant, and the way these guys shift seamlessly from slow, Sabbath-inspired doomin' to faster, more chugging sections (I guess that's the best way to describe it) is just awesome throughout. I really love the soloing on here as well, and while I lot of people don't like Eric Wagner, I couldn't imagine the album without his sort of screechy voice.

I've also been listening to a Ton of Candlemass lately, namely Epicus Doomicus Metallicus and Tales of Creation. Truly fantastic records, really.

Friday 02 September 2011 - 09:29:01
@ Merc, unfortunately Colosseum's career has been going downward Ever Since and Chapter II was already quite the disappointment and the very last Chapter III is subpar Shape Of Despair material (it's so "light" it made the charts in Finland...).

Friday 02 September 2011 - 09:33:35

citation :
GandhiEgo says : @ Merc, unfortunately Colosseum's career has been going downward Ever Since and Chapter II was already quite the disappointment and the very last Chapter III is subpar Shape Of Despair material (it's so "light" it made the charts in Finland...).

Wait, did I say all three albums were amazing? Huh, wasn't paying attention when I typed that I guess.

Seriously, it was light enough to get on the charts? Wow.

Friday 02 September 2011 - 11:49:02
No you didn't, just mentioning it.

I think it's not just because it was light that it made the charts but also because of the leader's death that created some Morbid buzz around the whole thing.

Saturday 01 October 2011 - 15:27:37
Rwake - "It Was Beautiful But Now Its Sour"
(sludge/doom)

Friday 16 December 2011 - 16:33:30
Dantesco - De la Mano de La Muerte

Friday 16 December 2011 - 16:46:51
Thanks for digging this one up... Currently listening to

Comatose Vigil - Not a Gleam of Hope

Wednesday 13 March 2013 - 16:03:24
Veronica Decide to Die - So great
Gloomy, desolate...Everything is seem too bored. when injury doesn't surely be a Traumatic, the life is inconsolabe!

Friday 03 April 2015 - 12:18:42