Black Metal >> Where does the best black metal come from?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Getting poll results. Please wait...
Take Your Pick ; )
Norway
Sweden
Finland
Poland

Friday 23 September 2011 - 04:30:59

citation :
DoomMetalPrincess says : I know I voted in this already, but I can't chose between Russia (Stigmatic Chorus) and France (Malevolentia).

Because of 1 band

Sunday 06 November 2011 - 21:20:45
Finland!!!! Impaled Nazarene, Archgoat, Beherit. Some of the best BM bands ever there. Norway is also good.

Tuesday 08 November 2011 - 14:26:59

citation :
SevereAbomination says : Finland!!!! Impaled Nazarene, Archgoat, Beherit. Some of the best BM bands ever there. Norway is also good.

Yes!

Saturday 19 November 2011 - 21:05:17
I'm assuming Poland's on that list just for Graveland....

And why isn't America, France, or Germany on there?

We have Profanatica, Judas Iscariot, DSO, Les Legiones Noires, Moonblood, etc. between these three.

Saturday 19 November 2011 - 22:15:54
Because the majority of American Black Metal is Absolute crap. Profanatica and Grand Belials Key are good though.

Sunday 20 November 2011 - 09:45:40

citation :
SevereAbomination says : Because the majority of American Black Metal is Absolute crap. Profanatica and Grand Belials Key are good though.

Never got into GBK.  You don't like Judas Iscariot?  I'm actually not that fond of them either, other than the Dethroned, Conquered, and Forgotten EP, but they seem to have a huge following for albums like Heaven in Flames.

And that's not counting Les Legiones from France.  Mutilation, Vlad Tepes, and Belketre are all great bands.  Not to mention DSO and Blut Aus Nord.  Germany has worthwhile Bands too.  Eastern Europe has Rotting Christ, Nokturnal Mortum, Negura Bunget, and Gromm.

Not trying to rip on the OP, just saying.  There's quality outside of the obvious countries like Norway, Sweden, and Finland.

Sunday 20 November 2011 - 11:53:37

citation :
gradymayhem says :
Not trying to rip on the OP, just saying.  There's quality outside of the obvious countries like Norway, Sweden, and Finland.

well, that was quite a long time ago. I have changed since I realised
"wait... where a Black Metal band came from doesn't Judge the quality" after I heard some Killer Black Metal from South Africa

Sunday 20 November 2011 - 21:01:51

citation :
miniradman says :
"wait... where a Black Metal band came from doesn't Judge the quality" after I heard some Killer Black Metal from South Africa

I don't blame you.  I still have a huge bias against Mexican and South American BM.  The Essence of Black Metal is that Cold, barren sound.  How can you write that in Colombia, where the coldest it gets is 80 F?

Sunday 20 November 2011 - 21:12:01

citation :
gradymayhem says :

citation :
miniradman says :

I don't blame you.  I still have a huge bias against Mexican and South American BM.  The Essence of Black Metal is that Cold, barren sound.  How can you write that in Colombia, where the coldest it gets is 80 F?

Inquisition is/was from Colombia and they are fucking amazing.

Sunday 20 November 2011 - 21:44:43
Just because of the discussion about quality BM outside Europe (and thinking that;s the only place good BM comes from is stupid, shame on younger you miniradman!) I thought I show you this:

Jamaican Black Metal! It's not amazing, but I thought it was cool that Jamaica has a BM band. The description of the video is as follows:

"This is a real Black Metal band from the island of Jamaica. Orisha Shakpana is about The Darkness of Jamaica, for there is a dark of side and a dark history of this island that Orisha Shakpana will expose to the world. The supertitions of the Caribbean is vast. A great Shadow is cast over the Caribbean and that Shadow is Orisha Shakpana. An Orisha is a GOD, the GOD of ancestors of the Afro-Caribbean natives, from all the main west african tribes that were bought to the West back in the times of Slavery.

The gods(Orisha, not pluralized) are angry at all black people(meaning all humans in general) because we have forgotten them and demonized them, calling the elder Orisha, Satan. Satan is a GOD, a physical GOD and that has defeated Christ before. The Christians still won't accept the Fact that he is dead, so they lie to the masses. Even though they know in their hearts that GOD is dead. I mean why all the violence in the world today? Why else all the wars? GOD as died and will never return, and Satan has his throne In Heaven already. You fucking christians can't defeat Olokun, the GOD of the depths!!!!!! There is NoNe greater than him. Mighty creator GOD from the oceans."