Discussions about Music >> What really IS metal???
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Monday 02 August 2010 - 04:28:34
It kinda turned into an whole different subject, eh ? What is it that's so interesting about apes ?

To me Metal is a way of life, Metal is its own philosophy, its own culture. The minute you're into Metal, there's no way you can get out of it. Just like Rob Zombie said once, there's a lot of Hip Hop fans that listen to Hip Hop for one summer and then they move on, but I never heard such a thing about a Slayer fan, you know ! Metal is for life. In fact, nobody is devoted to something like a Metalhead is devoted to his music. Why ? I don't know. Maybe because Metal is the only remaining Realm of imagination in wich to Escape nowadays. The other types of music are so Cold and realistic.

Monday 02 August 2010 - 07:22:09

citation :
Karaladh says : It kinda turned into an whole different subject, eh ? What is it that's so interesting about apes ?

To me Metal is a way of life, Metal is its own philosophy, its own culture. The minute you're into Metal, there's no way you can get out of it. Just like Rob Zombie said once, there's a lot of Hip Hop fans that listen to Hip Hop for one summer and then they move on, but I never heard such a thing about a Slayer fan, you know ! Metal is for life. In fact, nobody is devoted to something like a Metalhead is devoted to his music. Why ? I don't know. Maybe because Metal is the only remaining Realm of imagination in wich to Escape nowadays. The other types of music are so Cold and realistic.

right on man, i love that Rob Zombie quote, i think it was from Metal a headbangers Journey (i love that film). "i've never met that one guy that says, 'y'know, i was really big into Slayer... for like, one summer'"0

Monday 02 August 2010 - 08:22:10

citation :
Demogorefest says :
right on man, i love that Rob Zombie quote, i think it was from Metal a headbangers Journey (i love that film). "i've never met that one guy that says, 'y'know, i was really big into Slayer... for like, one summer'"0

Now that that you have reminded me, I really like this movie ! The Mayhem interview is so hilarious.

'' Germany sucks ! We're here to prove that Mayhem is the best fucking band ! '' or something like that

Monday 02 August 2010 - 17:33:31

citation :
Karaladh says :

citation :
Demogorefest says :

Now that that you have reminded me, I really like this movie ! The Mayhem interview is so hilarious.

'' Germany sucks ! We're here to prove that Mayhem is the best fucking band ! '' or something like that

oh yeah, that parts great, there was alotta memorable interviews in that movie.Maniac was wasted off his ass in that interview0 , i love the sequel to that movie also, Global Metal.

Monday 02 August 2010 - 17:59:36
metal is life!!!  you live metal,you fuck metal,you Die metal!!!  hell yeah!!!  

Monday 30 August 2010 - 09:50:28

citation :

To me Metal is a way of life, Metal is its own philosophy, its own culture. The minute you're into Metal, there's no way you can get out of it. Just like Rob Zombie said once, there's a lot of Hip Hop fans that listen to Hip Hop for one summer and then they move on, but I never heard such a thing about a Slayer fan, you know ! Metal is for life. In fact, nobody is devoted to something like a Metalhead is devoted to his music.

I agree.........you right

Tuesday 31 August 2010 - 01:30:48
Metal is my fuckin soul.

I listen to all kinds of music, it's enough if they deserve to be listened by me.

Metal is corwdsurfing, blastbeat, friends, solos, beers & other drinks, fun... It's not the life, it's one of the most grateful lifestyles.

P.S. Metal is the chilling while you are listening to Evil Dead from Death.

Tuesday 31 August 2010 - 01:43:55
To all that will understand, metal is what pushes us to our limits. It expresses Eternity, never stopping. It is a cause to Fight for. Pop music is too realistic. Hearing a guitar solo, and then witnessing it is like seeing something that is impossible. People may say, even within the metal community, that there are too many sungenres. Well, those are what keeps us who we are. Uniqueness. Looking at popular culture, you are either rap, pop, RnB, or country. We are not those. The metal community is Death Metal, Black Metal, traditional metal, Dark Metal, Thrash Metal, Power Metal, and all of those others going on into eternity. When you hear someone say that metal has too many subgenres, just remember one thing. They are trying to make a limit on metal. They are not metal. We are the rejected music of the world. First it was Neanderthals making percussion, pan flutes and such in Medieval, the Classical music of the 1600's to 1900's, rock and roll of the early 1900's to mid, and now there is us. We are metal. We are shunned by all but we don't sit down. We will create a guitar solo so Insane that no one could understand it, but do we stop? No! So what if modern society hates us, it is Hate that drives us. They can't handle us. We are the counter-culture.

Tuesday 31 August 2010 - 03:29:39
All Hail MERCENARION

I'm ready to go to war after reading that
In the words of Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli. You have my Sword, and my bow, and my axe.

Tuesday 31 August 2010 - 04:45:44

citation :
MothandMoon says: I'm ready to go to war after reading that.

Count me in.