Discussions about Music >> What does modern thrash metal lack?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Saturday 05 November 2011 - 18:04:15
Originality and creativity.

Monday 07 November 2011 - 16:18:08

citation :
Panzerjager says :

citation :
Demogorefest says : I think i finally found out the answer...
Music is essentially at it's Core, an art; and art is often derived from culture. 21st century thrash (and by thrash i'm referring to the more "legit" thrash bands like Municipal Waste, Warbringer, etc. rather than the more "fringe" acts like Lamb Of God, Shadows Fall, etc.) is in no way at all different than their 1980's progenitors except for the Fact that they weren't around 25 years ago. The formula is hardly changed at all except for the passage of time, and with it, the cultural effects it's had on the genre itself. 

Hmmmm... took the time but your answer does make alot of sense

OH!! Yeh Yeh..25 Years ago.
Etude | Skinfood

Thursday 01 December 2011 - 23:12:46
Thrash is thrash..

Monday 27 June 2022 - 14:06:31
Enigmatick says :

First of all, metal doesn't have to be popular to be good, and definitely doesn't have to in order to be relevant, and not only that, the resurgence of thrash is still in its foetal stages. You have to remember, the popularity of bands like Metallica and Slayer was YEARS in the making. It'll come, and if one can call bands like Lamb Of God thrash, then arguably that popularity already has.

First of all, the metal has to be unpopular to be good)))