Death Metal >> What are some good goregrind bands?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Friday 29 April 2011 - 20:25:20
Hi, I've been starting to listen to Regurgitate recently and they're amazing, but what are some other good goregrind bands apart from Carcass for a newcomer to the genre like me?

p.s. does the fact that I like goregrind make me a psycho? cause if I'm honest while no other lyrics would suit goregrind they're still a bit too much even if they are just a joke.

Friday 29 April 2011 - 21:39:13
Goregrind doesn't make you psychotic

Not much of goregrind kind of guy, but I enjoy these guys.

Ahumado Granujo, Malodorous, Flesh Consumed (Far more technical than the others, but still goregrind)

Friday 29 April 2011 - 23:04:27
Well, I've only heard about 3 goregrind albums, you mentioned Carcass already so I'm assuming you've heard Reek... (I'm not into goregrind so I'm probably not the best person to ask anyways). Anyway, one album I did hear was by a band called Intense Hammer Rage. The album is called Avagoyamugs, and it's from Australia. The band was forcibly broken up by the police, because their lyrics were so contreversial that if they made another release they'd get prison time. IHR is known for being able to Craft songs without any semblance of pattern or structure--it's almost entirely random. I don't like it, but the album is sorta infamous in the goregrind community, so give it a listen:

Oh, and copies of the CD are very rare since the police and govt smashed as many copies as they could get their hands on, leaving somewhere between 200 and 400 copies in existence.

Saturday 30 April 2011 - 01:15:43
Not sure if this is goregrind, but Cephalotripsy is pretty brutal.

Saturday 30 April 2011 - 20:19:25
Cephalotripsy is slam Death Metal at its most pure. Not goregrind, and also pretty bad.

I've got four words for you, man:

Last. Days. of. Humanity.

It's something that's gotta be heard to be believed.

Saturday 30 April 2011 - 20:20:53

citation :
Enigmatick says : Last. Days. of. Humanity.

They sound like the Death Metal equivalent of Merzbow

Saturday 30 April 2011 - 20:28:01
Well...

If you like Carcass a good place to start would be Cattle Decaptiation.

BUT! if you want Brutal (I mean br00tal) listen to Psychotic Homicidal Dismemberment.

Saturday 30 April 2011 - 23:10:20

citation :
Enigmatick dit : Cephalotripsy is slam Death Metal at its most pure. Not goregrind, and also pretty bad.

I'll second that!!

But for this thread:

Fleshgrinder, LDOH, Dead Infection, Haemorrhage, Exhumed (early), Rompeprop, Bile, CBT, Squash Bowels (early)...

There are tons actually.

Sunday 01 May 2011 - 23:31:47
Cattle Decapitation? WTF? Why are the people that are rec'ing bands that aren't goregrind managing to rec shitty ones too?

citation :
GandhiEgo says: Dead Infection

seconded. I think GE actually told me about them a while back. They're not exactly goregrind, but they're a really atonal, sludgy Death Metal band so they might as well be goregrind anyways.

Oh, and Last Days Of Humanity isn't just pure noise Merc, if that's what you were trying to get at. Their song structure and composition are incredibly well-done, they know exactly what they're doing.

I'm dead serious.

Monday 02 May 2011 - 00:00:24

citation :
Enigmatick says : Oh, and Last Days Of Humanity isn't just pure noise Merc, if that's what you were trying to get at. Their song structure and composition are incredibly well-done, they know exactly what they're doing.

I'm dead serious.

No, by comparing them to Merzbow, I was saying they sound like a wave of noise. LDOH is composed well, so is Merzbow (except Venereology). I wasn't insulting them in any way because I happen to actually like Merzbow.