Death Metal >> What 5 death metal records are you into just now?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Monday 04 July 2011 - 13:05:54

citation :
xess says : http://youtu.be/xxbPKhaFT_Q

Hey, you're welcome to "discuss" things. Thanks.

Lately:

Thornesbreed - 273.15 Degress Below Zero: the German answer to Dead Congregation. Taking stuff from both Incantation and Immolation, this MCD/EP is fantastic. One of the best things I heard recently. I read their debut was quite the feat too. So if you, like me, have been waiting too long for DC's sophomore, Thornesbreed might well be the answer.

Dripback - Inhaling the Ashes: Death Grind with a fun twist. If you're into bands like Disfigured Corpse or to some extent Engorged, you can't go wrong. Highly energetic mix, both Brutal and catchy.

Stige - Christmorphosis: Death Thrash from Italy. Despite their sound that is quite similar to bands like Master, the Italian band does not live up to any kinds of expectations. It's well done but it's dull and only a few guitar solos will stir you up. Expendable.

Kam Talium - The Enola Day: Thrash Death from France. I need some more plays because Nothing remained after two listens of this CD. Which isn't usually a good sign...

And only to have a fifth one because this one is definitely more fit to be displayed in the Doom forum: Spekticism - Alloy: most people have looked this one down. Why?? Sure it probably is a bit more accessible than the previous releases of these Funeral Doom legends but it's even more "religious", "liturgical" than anything they've ever released. A great album in a great discography. Even though it's less demanding than other albums, I'd still recommend to start from the very beginnings: Stormcrowfleet. One of the cornerstones of the genre.

Friday 12 August 2011 - 21:43:06

one of the best dm albums in this year!!!

Sunday 21 August 2011 - 22:56:43
Decaptitated: Carnival is Forever (2011), Nihility (2002)
Devios: Gospel of Maggots (2010)
Morbid Angel: Domination (1995)
Demonical: Death Infernal (2011)
Dismember: Casket Garden (1995)
Hail of Bullets: any/all :D

Others I'd suggest to check out:

Disma - Toward the Megalith (2011)
Dead Congregation - Graves of the Archangels (2008)
Dissection - Reinkaos (2006)
Unleashed - Hammer Battalion (2008)

Thursday 15 September 2011 - 01:36:34
It's been a while since things were going in this thread, so I guess i'll post some albums that i've been enjoying lots lately.

Autopsy - Severed Survival: While I love Mental Funeral more, I do genuinely love this one too. Filthy, Depraved Death Metal with that really kind of unsettling atmosphere. And absolutely awesome riffs. This album is filled to the brim with great riffs, and honestly listening to it again while I was walking around today, I find the lead guitar really cool too. Chris Reifert's Voice is just awesome, and the songs still stand as some of the best ever crafted in death metal. The rancid, loud bass guitar helps out a lot too. Just a fantastic album.

(and hey, what can I say? the censorred cover art is actually pretty fucking awesome in its own way)

Uncanny - Splenium for Nyktophobia: I checked this one out again since Merc talked it up, and honestly I like it Far more than I remembered. The band's really tasteful and pretty interesting melodic Ideas do a lot to enhance the otherwise straight up Death Metal approach these Swedes did. Not a whole lot to say; it's just really good riffs, nice vocals, and well constructed songs.

And others...

Bolt Thrower - The IVth Crusade
Edge Of Sanity - The Spectral Sorrows
Entombed - Left Hand Path

Saturday 17 September 2011 - 21:00:46
Dying Fetus - Destroy The Opposition (2000)
Dying Fetus - War Of Attrition (2007)
Vomitory - Redemption (1999)
Aeon - Rise TO Dominate (2007)
Forlorn Path - Being Towards Death (2010)

Tuesday 20 September 2011 - 06:30:45
Opeth - Deliverance (2002)

Jungle Rot - Dead & Buried (2001)

Death - Symbolic (1995)

Cephalic Carnage - Xenosapian (2007) (not pure death metal... but still amazing, check out the video for Ohrwurm... very disturbing)

yeah... that's pretty much all i've been listening too lately lol.
Friday 30 September 2011 - 15:32:11
Severe Torture - Misanthropic Carnage
DEATH - Symbolic
Morbid Angel - DOMINATION
Natron - BEDTIME FOR Mercy
Illogicist - THE INSIGHT EYE

Wednesday 02 November 2011 - 21:45:25
A few albums that have been blowing my mind recently:

Autopsy - Mental Funeral (finally got myself a copy, about time too.)

Demilich - Nespithe

diSEMBOWLMENT - Transcendence into the Peripheral

Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness

Cryptopsy - NoNe So Vile

Sunday 20 November 2011 - 10:23:56
Weapon- From the Devil's TOMB and Drakonian Paradigm
Blaspherian- Infernal Warriors of Death
Infester- To the Depths... In degradation
Incantation- Onward to Golgotha
Anything by early Hypocrisy