Deathcore/Metalcore/Hardcore >> What's The Difference?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Tuesday 01 March 2011 - 20:23:14
i see post-hardcore as a dumbed Down version of metalcore. mainly the short song structure of many Hardcore songs has transferred over. and Post Hardcore took that, and addded a Tad more complexity. but not the the Metalcore sort.

Monday 07 March 2011 - 07:02:30
Are you aware that you know Nothing of post-hardcore and Metalcore or do you not realize you're talking out of your ass?

Not only was post-hardcore NOT influenced by Metalcore (it was more influenced by pure Hardcore punk and noise rock in the mid 80's) but it actually came before Metalcore, too.

Monday 07 March 2011 - 07:05:02

citation :
Enigmatick says : Are you aware that you know Nothing of post-hardcore and Metalcore or do you not realize you're talking out of your ass?

Not only was post-hardcore NOT influenced by Metalcore (it was more influenced by pure Hardcore punk and noise rock in the mid 80's) but it actually came before Metalcore, too.

I concur

Monday 07 March 2011 - 08:11:52

citation :
Enigmatick says : Are you aware that you know Nothing of post-hardcore and Metalcore or do you not realize you're talking out of your ass?

Finally I agree with you on something. Post-Hardcore isn't really influenced my Metalcore unless its the bands desicsion to do so. But most usually retain their sound from Hardcore and basic punk rock.

Monday 07 March 2011 - 16:11:33

citation :
miniradman says :

citation :

Finally I agree with you on something. Post-Hardcore isn't really influenced my Metalcore unless its the bands desicsion to do so. But most usually retain their sound from Hardcore and basic punk rock.

Agreed with that but wth is Red Jumpsuit Apparatus doing in the post-hardcore section? RJA is more like alternative metal/rock with some screamo influences

Monday 07 March 2011 - 19:36:55
i'm saying that Metalcore is a more complex post-hardcore. how about this. use Post-Hardcore as an umbrella term for all things that have Hardcore elements, Metalcore and such.
Tuesday 08 March 2011 - 04:38:59
No it fucking isn't, it's a genre of its own, it's not an umbrella term. You clearly know Nothing of the genres so stop pretending you do.

oh and for the record: all modern post-hardcore sucks ass, because they decided to add pop and electro elements and in general just fag it up a whole load, but old 90's post-hardcore is actually okay.

Tuesday 08 March 2011 - 13:01:08

citation :
Enigmatick says : No it fucking isn't, it's a genre of its own, it's not an umbrella term. You clearly know Nothing of the genres so stop pretending you do.
way to throw the baby out with the bath water 0

citation :

oh and for the record: all modern post-hardcore sucks ass, because they decided to add pop and electro elements and in general just fag it up a whole load, but old 90's post-hardcore is actually okay.
they way you just contradicted your self there makes me 0

Tuesday 08 March 2011 - 15:46:49

citation :
Enigmatick says : No it fucking isn't, it's a genre of its own, it's not an umbrella term. You clearly know Nothing of the genres so stop pretending you do.

Contradictio intra terminis

Tuesday 08 March 2011 - 18:50:08
lol, i find it hilarious how something like this has riled you up so much. it's fucking music. lets leave it at that. it's a form of fucking punk. and thats what it is. point blank.