Thrash Metal >> The thrash metal you've listened to lately?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Friday 17 June 2011 - 06:30:48
Cross Examination - The Hung Jury
Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain
Violator - Chemical Assault
SSS - Short Sharp Shock

These new Crossover/ Thrash bands, I', fucking loving it !!!

Saturday 18 June 2011 - 17:30:35
got a hold of some Witchmaster - Trücizna.  i like.
also
Bathory - Octagon

Saturday 25 June 2011 - 18:31:27
Hospital Of Death - Beer, Bitches, Blood.

Sunday 26 June 2011 - 19:28:08
On the Site of the Arte you can find the gigs of Kreator and Sodom on hellfest in HD. Quite interesting and nice

Here's the link (it's Therion but you can find the way to the others too)

http://liveweb.arte.tv/fr/video/Hellfest___Kreator/

Saturday 09 July 2011 - 07:20:52
I've been listening to come Braddock, these guys are a middle finger in your face kind of thrash metal.

They have their album free to download from bandcamp!
http://braddock.bandcamp.com/album/strikes-back

I fucking love the cover as well! 0

Saturday 09 July 2011 - 16:57:20
KREATOR! \m/

Thursday 21 July 2011 - 07:57:08
Here's a few i've been listening to lately:

-Kreator - Flag of Hate: Alongside Slayer's Haunting the Chapel and Rigor Mortis' Freaks, this is pretty much my favourite Thrash Metal EP ever. Kreator was fucking on fire in 1986, with this Beast and Pleasure to Kill, and this EP is easily among the best things in the entire genre. Three songs of ripping, violent Thrash Metal, with excellent, sharp riffage, Mille's Savage vocals, and fantastically well written songs. The title song gets a real Kick in the ass from the Endless Pain version, "Take Their Lives" is an intensely violent thrasher, and "Awakening of the Gods" is absolutely one of the greatest thrash songs of all time. Brilliant riff after brilliant riff and a truly epic sense of scale.

The important lesson of the day is that early Kreator fucking owns.

-Slayer - South of Heaven: I just wrote a review for it here. I don't have a lot else to say, other than it's one of my Absolute favourite records from the band. I love it just as much as Reign in Blood, though for entirely different reasons.

-Destruction - Sentence of Death: Surprisingly, a really good start to Destruction's career. It's a bit rawer and not quite as fully fleshed out as Infernal Overkill was, but it's definitely a strong little release. This showcases everything you would expect from Destruction: the excellent, choppy, unique riffing, Schmier's high-pitched vocals, and ferocious songs. This has a bit more of a first wave Black Metal feeling to it than later Destruction records, which makes it stand out just a bit more for me. The riffs are very good, and while the songs are a bit sloppy, they hit real hard. The production surprisingly is pretty decent and has some heft to it.

Definitely not as good as the next few records, but a good start anyway.

Friday 12 August 2011 - 19:12:38
In Malice's Wake............

Saturday 13 August 2011 - 06:18:14
MACTER(Master) - VIII, kinda death/thrash but it works great
Saturday 13 August 2011 - 19:56:08
Gama Bomb, Bonded By Blood, Evile and other new Thrash Metal bands.