Discussions about Music >> The most beautiful music of folk metal
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Thursday 24 January 2013 - 03:12:34
What is the most beautiful music of Folk Metal that you know?
It's hard to choose just one song, so if you want to make a list of songs ...

Thursday 24 January 2013 - 03:40:36
Wintersun/Xanthochroid - Land of Snow and Sorrow (Folk version)

Thursday 24 January 2013 - 04:15:56
Borknagar!

Thursday 24 October 2013 - 09:47:04
Finntroll - Slagbroder is my favorite one. Also I have composed some folk Metal song which I have uploaded on my soundcloud profile. If you want to listen then search for "merlin river". You see there I have so many fans and followers and its just because of soundcloud automator who help me in increasing my soundcloud audience.

Thursday 24 October 2013 - 14:21:06
Can we count Wardruna as folk?

Sunday 10 May 2020 - 21:16:40

Мне нравится Eluveitie. Cruachan

Sunday 05 July 2020 - 15:25:59

What is Folk Metal exactly?? IDK anything about this genre of metal...8-// 

Monday 06 July 2020 - 09:16:53

I think Folk Metal is the Fusion between Heavy Metal and traditional folk music around the world. Using more or less specific folk instruments (bets example I have in mind is Waggaki Band from Japan), using more or less traditional singing. Ussually, it's a melodic style anyway, whatever we talk about heavy, power or death/black metal.

Just few suggestive examples: Waggaki Band (already named), Myrath from Tunis, Falconer from Sweeden, Orphaned Land from Israel, Melechesh also from Israel (mesopotamian Black Metal), Arkona and Imperial Age from Russia, Bucovina from Romania and so on. Hope being useful in my comments.

Monday 06 July 2020 - 15:37:55

Yes, thank you for your suggestions and your help..I will have to look into some of the bands you have mentions...Sounds like an interesting genre of metal--8-]] 

Wednesday 16 August 2023 - 08:17:52
pcnumpega says : What is the most beautiful music of Folk Metal that you know?
It's hard to choose just one song, so if you want to make a list of songs ...

Wintersun/Xanthochroid - Land of Snow and Sorrow (Folk version)