Death Metal >> Technical Death vs. Technical Thrash
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Tuesday 02 November 2010 - 12:29:12
Tech Thrash easily, with no competition.

Sadus, Watchtower, Later Destruction, Antagonist, Hexenhaus, Depressive Age,  their aren't many bands, but Hell their original

Wednesday 03 November 2010 - 01:49:35

citation :
DawnOfWinterSolstice says : Tech Thrash easily, with no competition.

Sadus, Watchtower, Later Destruction, Antagonist, Hexenhaus, Depressive Age,  their aren't many bands, but Hell their original

Yeah man, Coroner and Nasty Savage are bad ass too.
It's a close call for me, I like alotta technical Death Metal too (when it's done right). Psycroptic, Hellwitch (the underrated godfathers of technical death), fleshgod apoclalypse, and Hour Of Penance

Wednesday 03 November 2010 - 07:17:07
Is Technical Thrash similar to speed thrash?

I don't know alot about Thrash Metal

Wednesday 03 November 2010 - 13:17:19

citation :
DawnOfWinterSolstice says : Tech Thrash easily, with no competition.

Hell yeah, Destruction are amazing, probably one of my favorite bands of all time.
I don't know much Technical Thrash bands, that Means besides of Nasty Savage. Any suggestions?

Wednesday 03 November 2010 - 20:48:22
Tech death wins for me. Every Death Metal band from Québec are pretty much tech death, and I love them all. Cryptopsy (old), Neuraxis, Gorguts, Quo Vadis (favourite), and Martyr. For elsewhere, then there is Fleshgod Apocalypse, Portal, Necrophagist, Death, Origin, and the list can go on.

The only technical thrash bands that I truly like would be Strapping Young Lad and Sadus.

Thursday 04 November 2010 - 03:39:41
@DemoGoreFest, nice Nasty Savage, and Hellwitch mention. and for tech thrash I Forgot to add Toxik, and Vektor

@Mercenarion, ye I like Quebec tech death because it has alot of progressiveness, but Origin, and Necrophagist are redundant, for original tech death bands, you should check out Carcariass, Chemical Breath, Iniquity, Theory In Practice, Augury (one of my all time favourite bands, I got to meet them, and get merch signed while I was at the concert, fuck my neck Hurt in the morning it was awesome!)

Thursday 04 November 2010 - 04:39:10

citation :
DawnOfWinterSolstice says : @DemoGoreFest, nice Nasty Savage, and Hellwitch mention. and for tech thrash I Forgot to add Toxik, and Vektor

@Mercenarion, ye I like Quebec tech death because it has alot of progressiveness, but Origin, and Necrophagist are redundant, for original tech death bands, you should check out Carcariass, Chemical Breath, Iniquity, Theory In Practice, Augury (one of my all time favourite bands, I got to meet them, and get merch signed while I was at the concert, fuck my neck Hurt in the morning it was awesome!)

Carcariass and Augury (yay Canada!) are good, the others I have heard before and I do not care for them. On the point of the redundancy of those two bands I stated, sure Necrophagist can be redundant, but they are still very good. Origin never interested me until I heard Antithesis (the only album I like by them, but it is amazing).

I've heard you mention Theory In Practice (or heard it somewhere else), so I'll check them out.

EDIT: Theory In Practice are epic

Wednesday 01 December 2010 - 10:11:50
I prefer more technical death, because I think it leaves more room to creativity somehow.

Friday 03 December 2010 - 13:11:42
I like Technical Death because I'm not really a huge fan of Thrash.

Wednesday 26 January 2011 - 04:14:51
Apples vs. Oranges.

Both genres are miles apart but there's plenty of amazing stuff to be found in both of them. Realm, Obliveon, Watchtower and Coroner dominate techthrash for me whereas Quo Vadis, Neuraxis, (old) Cryptopsy, Ulcerate and Gorguts satisfy most of my techdeth needs. But at The End of the day, they both serve completely different purposes imo. Comparing them is a foolish prospect.