Black Metal >> Summoning
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 28 April 2013 - 01:56:39
I was was wanting to buy a Summoning album and seems there is about 7 or 8 of them i was wondering if i could get some recommendations on where to start.

Sunday 28 April 2013 - 03:49:24
I would like to be the first to recommend Dol Goldur! I think that's their most classic album (except for my other recommendation, which is called Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame). Dol Goldur has great songs in it such as NightShade Forests, Khazad Dum, Kor... Let Mortal Heroes has South Away, the Mountain King's Return, Runes of Power...

So, yeah, either get Dol Guldur or Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame. Listen to the songs I recommended on YouTube. If you want to go in for a total Blind buy, just make a Random choice between Dol Guldur and Let Mortal Heros Sing Your Fame.

Also, I posted a song from Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame on the thread for rating what people are listening to.
 I hope this helps!

Oh, and one more thing: do not bother with Summoning's debut album Lugburz. It is a generic, amateur, stereotypical piece of Black Metal without any unique style. All of their other stuff is good!

Sunday 28 April 2013 - 05:21:59

citation :
InfinityZero says : I would like to be the first to recommend Dol Goldur! I think that's their most classic album (except for my other recommendation, which is called Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame). Dol Goldur has great songs in it such as NightShade Forests, Khazad Dum, Kor... Let Mortal Heroes has South Away, the Mountain King's Return, Runes of Power...

So, yeah, either get Dol Guldur or Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame. Listen to the songs I recommended on YouTube. If you want to go in for a total Blind buy, just make a Random choice between Dol Guldur and Let Mortal Heros Sing Your Fame.

Also, I posted a song from Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame on the thread for rating what people are listening to.
 I hope this helps!

Oh, and one more thing: do not bother with Summoning's debut album Lugburz. It is a generic, amateur, stereotypical piece of Black Metal without any unique style. All of their other stuff is good!

Alright cheers, will take your advice seems you have a fair bit of knowledge of the type of sound i like, also someone else said the same thing about'Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame' on another metal forum.

The only Summoning i have heard is 'Night Shade Forest' which i really liked 'especially the first song', apart from the Fact it was too short being an ep

Sunday 28 April 2013 - 05:28:23
Personally I think that Summoning works with albums around a half hour to fifty minutes... sadly they almost never have albums that short! I've heard the NightShade Forests EP was pretty lackluster compared to their other stuff, but I haven't heard it myself.

Sunday 28 April 2013 - 07:35:34

citation :
InfinityZero says :I've heard the NightShade Forests EP was pretty lackluster compared to their other stuff

Makes me even more amped!
Just went and ordered 'Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame' on discogs

Friday 14 June 2013 - 20:11:07
I'd say Stronghold, it's their strongest work in my opinion. Their newest release Old Mornings Dawn is pretty awesome as well.

Saturday 15 June 2013 - 16:05:31
Fuck, I Forgot to pre-order the new one. Oh well, I'm so stingy on buying anything right now that I probably wouldn't have paid the $40 for it anyway. Maybe I'll buy Dol Goldur instead.

Hey, Waste, did you get around to buying a Summoning CD yet?

Sunday 16 June 2013 - 00:31:11

citation :
InfinityZero says : Fuck, I Forgot to pre-order the new one. Oh well, I'm so stingy on buying anything right now that I probably wouldn't have paid the $40 for it anyway. Maybe I'll buy Dol Goldur instead.

Hey, Waste, did you get around to buying a Summoning CD yet?

yeah i did, i have been listening to it quite a lot lately. Makes me want to go out to battle some orcs

Sunday 16 June 2013 - 01:24:38
Hells yeah.

I'm still deciding where I should put my Summoning patch on my battle jacket. :D

Sunday 16 June 2013 - 06:43:55

citation :
InfinityZero says : Hells yeah.

I'm still deciding where I should put my Summoning patch on my battle jacket. :D

You should just put it over the Metallica or Tool patch, i would say over the Pink Floyd one but i know that's not going to happen