Ambient, Atmospheric, Post- >> Quality post-black
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 01 July 2012 - 10:11:58
Hey guys/gals, I'm not sure if I'm speaking for myself or for others, but it seems to be a rather difficult challenge trying to find quality post-black metal bands out there. Sure, there is Alcest, Lantlos, Fen and Galaktik Cancer Squad... but when you go really deep Down to the unpopular bands, it just turns into shit to be honest. All the bands sound identicle to one another. They all have the same atmosphere and the same Drowned out Black Metal shrieks in the background.
i.e. this kind of stuff

So I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who knows a band or Two which aren't very popular as well as good quality.

Cheers

Monday 02 July 2012 - 21:10:50
I agree that finding bands like that can be difficult, but I manage.

Chrome Waves

Same guys from Nachtmystium.

Grey Waters

Not sure what you would classify this. Usually when I think of Post-BM, I think of this.

?erná

Celephaïs

Lustre

Thought I'd throw this in here.

Alda

Apofis

Vitaly Syntik

Súl ad Astral

Sleep Winter White

Ellende

Soliness

Whirr

I'll post more when I find more.

Thursday 05 July 2012 - 03:57:33
Wow DMP, you're a life saver. All of these bands are awesome.

Thursday 05 July 2012 - 22:15:04
I realized a bit too late that you already knew about Grey Waters because I Saw you posted a comment on that same vid, and I got the words mixed up on that Sleep White Winter video. But Google Chrome is a Bitch when it comes to editing posts here. :T So I just left it. But hey, anytime.

Friday 01 February 2013 - 13:33:59

Post Black Metal, Post rock

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Folly/399273483466803?notif_t=page_new_likes

Friday 01 February 2013 - 14:18:41
That's a wonderful song you have there MavrekGlachtGavern. I love the crushing atmosphere brought upon by the guitars, the melody thickness of the music... and that Scream, nice

Thanks for the rec man

Monday 30 November 2020 - 21:54:47

heei!

here is my almost new band with new song :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p42O_AiBC8