Thrash Metal >> Old Thrash Vs New Thrash?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Getting poll results. Please wait...
Do you think the new wave of thrash is destroying the genre?
Yes, thrash is nothing like how it used to be
No, it has brought back the genre to the modern age
it has saved thrash!
Bring back the old school!!
I don't care

Saturday 28 August 2010 - 03:42:23

citation :
Metalserpent says : I have to say I like some of both. I SAW Evile with Overkill this year

Evile are a fucking great new thrash band. One of my favourite.young thrash bands.
I'm glad they're still slowly gaining popularity, even after the sudden death of their bassist Mike Alexander.

Saturday 28 August 2010 - 05:19:26

citation :
MothandMoon says :

citation :
Metalserpent says : I have to say I like some of both. I SAW Evile with Overkill this year

Evile are a fucking great new thrash band. One of my favourite.young thrash bands.
I'm glad they're still slowly gaining popularity, even after the sudden death of their bassist Mike Alexander.

yeah they are, Infected Nations was a great album, i Hate to compare bands to others, but Evile really does have that Old school Metallica sound i think, sorta in the ...And Justice for All period

Sunday 29 August 2010 - 00:11:34
Ben Carter beats the skins like a mother fucker! They are so good live! GREAT BAND!

Friday 18 November 2011 - 00:50:56
Evile can fuck off, I'll take my thrash a little less generic and boring thanks. Vektor however, there's a band that'll blow your puny minds. New album out soon (ort maybe it already is, I'm not sure). But you can listen here:

http://www.heavyartillery.us/HA55026/

Sunday 20 November 2011 - 15:10:03
Of course it does exists some exceptions, but thrash had its peak in the 80's

Monday 21 November 2011 - 17:51:57
???? ?? ??????? ?? ????????)

Tuesday 22 November 2011 - 03:59:39
I love ANY type of thrash.  All of it is amazing.  I love bands like Kreator, Exodus and Megadeth, and I love newer ones like Warbringer, Havok and Angelus Apatrida.  I even love new thrash bands that are not as known, like Aggression, Lich King and Pitiful Reign.   I'm just glad thrash has been revived so new thrash can be made

Tuesday 22 November 2011 - 04:05:49

citation :
Moose1220 says : I love ANY type of thrash.  All of it is amazing.  I love bands like Kreator, Exodus and Megadeth, and I love newer ones like Warbringer, Havok and Angelus Apatrida.  I even love new thrash bands that are not as known, like Aggression, Lich King and Pitiful Reign.   I'm just glad thrash has been revived so new thrash can be made

How do you feel about black/thrash?

Tuesday 22 November 2011 - 04:15:54

citation :
Mercenarion says :

citation :
Moose1220 says : I love ANY type of thrash.  All of it is amazing.  I love bands like Kreator, Exodus and Megadeth, and I love newer ones like Warbringer, Havok and Angelus Apatrida.  I even love new thrash bands that are not as known, like Aggression, Lich King and Pitiful Reign.   I'm just glad thrash has been revived so new thrash can be made

How do you feel about black/thrash?

You know, I've never really been in to black anything but I do like the music in this vid.  Maybe this kind of black/thrash can influence me to check out original black metal.

Tuesday 29 November 2011 - 01:44:05
Here’s to the old school, didn’t matter if you looked cool
We drank some beers and broke some heads
We never gave a shit
Climbed every mountain, stormed every city
They said that this would never last
We never gave a fuck

Old school it is!