Death Metal >> Old School?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Monday 07 November 2011 - 21:12:33
That's exactly my point, except this is better because there's really no way of getting a copy of Timeghouls demo's these days so re-release would be perfect for someone like me. I couldn't really give less of a fuck about how the labels promote it, I don't even care what label it's released on, just give me some Timeghoul!

Monday 14 November 2011 - 06:03:35
I'm a big fan of Morbus Chron's album. More people who like Autopsy should check it out. For me, one of the best Death Metal records of 2011.

Monday 05 March 2012 - 20:04:46
For me, it's a combination of an era (Usually between '87 and '93) and the sound that was prominent during that time with a lot of the Death Metal bands (Most notably the Swedish and Florida scenes). There are a chunk of bands who are revitalizing that sound nowadays, which I think is great, which also creates a sort of miniscule 'New Wave Of Old School Death Metal' movement. Ridiculous name, but it's understood in the community.

Soundwise, observe the tones, the production, the delivery...

And here's something from 2009...

Also, not meaning to be offensive, but if you honestly think Cannibal Corpse is the only good thing from that era... you need to have your ears cut off and fed to you.

Monday 05 March 2012 - 20:28:18

citation :
DetoxScission dit : a sort of miniscule 'New Wave Of Old School Death Metal' movement

This is nowhere near 'minuscule'. There are like hundreds of new "old-school" bands being signed or already signed. Even the bigger labels are jumping in the bandwagon.

Check out the "Death Metal" releases of labels like Dark Descent, Detest Records, Profund Lore and of course Razorback Records, to name just a few....

Actually it may have been "minuscule" back in 2007 now it's on par with Brutal Death releases. Or even superior.

Wednesday 07 March 2012 - 16:25:43
Maybe miniscule was the wrong word to use, but it's still really small compared to the larger picture. You should post up some links for a bunch of those bands.

Wednesday 07 March 2012 - 17:45:17
Ouch... that's going to be a long list. Hahaha.

Check out these few bands:

Grave Miasma
Dead Congregation
Morbus Chron
Krypts
Torture Division
Cruciamentum
Vasaeleth
Tribulation
Disma
Decrepitaph
Mr. Death
Sworn (SWE)
Necros Christos
Ignivomous
Funebrarum
Encoffination
etc
etc
etc

Too Lazy for the links, check them out on youtube

Thursday 08 March 2012 - 06:24:01
Names work. Thanks a bunch!

Thursday 08 March 2012 - 09:29:39
You're welcome!

Friday 28 January 2022 - 11:32:02

The band i was in once was labeled "old school" metal. We were considered to be in the vein of bands like Demigod, Gorguts, Sinister.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PbYyhrOzbY&t=279s

I was heavily influenced by bands like Deicide, Massacre, Demolition Hammer.