Hell >> Nihilism
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Getting poll results. Please wait...
Are you a Nihilist?
Yes; State what type and why (Read Post for more info)
No; State why you do believe in something that a Nihilist doesn't

Tuesday 08 March 2011 - 15:05:50

citation :
yinyang_cali says :

citation :
Mercenarion says : Yeah, string theory. That does not reach to infinity. It reaches to 11 dimensions, not infinite. And superstring theory only goes to about 26 dimensions. Again, not infinite.

You cannot use string theory to prove the infinite exists. But it is only the mereological standpoint that is in opposition to my knowledge in physics; everything else can co-exist with it.

my point is, physicists say that strings are the very foundation of the universe. on the other hand, they also believe that the Universe we know is a string as well, and that the big Bang is a result of its Collision with another string. which gives us the impression that the Universe is just a foundation of another Universe and that there is a whole new Universe existing in every string, and so on. ad infinitum. haven't you seen this video before? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE7xRgfPjAI

Fucking m-theory...

Regardless, there cannot exist infinite universes. No matter what happens, every Universe would have a limit on the amount of sub-atomic particles. The number of universes would rise higher and higher, but no infinite.

Tuesday 08 March 2011 - 17:42:37

citation :
Mercenarion says :

citation :
deathey says : real nihilist never know that he/she is nihilist untill (unintentionally) he rapes something that had a chance for being her/his meaning of life...   so absolutely no comment. you guys chose which side you will walk nihilism or belief and this time i'll get along with my own path,because belief-nihilism bullshit is last i care about...  

I find it desperate that people search for meaning in life when it obviously does not exist.
absolute truth-it's desperate as well as living without meaning of life. so there's no point to be nihilist or belief freak,we just should be good persons who'll help fellow humans in bad times and keep our dreams alive because if we dream bad enough,they will come true... that's all,what's required from us... --  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DImVXsViDIU --  

Tuesday 08 March 2011 - 18:20:35
I'm not a nihilist, as I live my life freely and let everything come to me, without thinking much about it. I accept everything I get, and I enjoy it, I don't deny anything, and I don't care much about other things. Life does have a meaning, it's 'live until you die'. I do what I do, and Rot in the ground in the end.

And I want to come back to that talk about moral. Moral is a thing that separates us from animals. We developed intelligence, and with it moral and emotions, and that's a good thing. Animals Kill each other mainly because of food or leadership, we don't need that. If humans would do that, you all would consider it as stupid. Moral is a Sign of intelligence, which like said, differs us from animals.

Tuesday 08 March 2011 - 21:39:58

citation :
deathey says :

citation :
Mercenarion says :

citation :
deathey says : real nihilist never know that he/she is nihilist untill (unintentionally) he rapes something that had a chance for being her/his meaning of life...   so absolutely no comment. you guys chose which side you will walk nihilism or belief and this time i'll get along with my own path,because belief-nihilism bullshit is last i care about...  

I find it desperate that people search for meaning in life when it obviously does not exist.
absolute truth-it's desperate as well as living without meaning of life. so there's no point to be nihilist or belief freak,we just should be good persons who'll help fellow humans in bad times and keep our dreams alive because if we dream bad enough,they will come true... that's all,what's required from us... --  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DImVXsViDIU --  

Regardless, some nihilist ideals and perceptions do make sense. Others are extreme. I see your point.

Wednesday 09 March 2011 - 00:34:36
absolutely true second time. some nihilist ideals do make sense as well as whole bible makes sense for intellectual humans if they read Ideas through the lines...  just to make it clear-someone can explain what Means nihilism from your views? mistrust to plain chaotic,disrespectfull sects nowadays that called ''christians'',the ones that will destroy whole world under name of ''god'' or mistrust to real culture-real christianity that was created 20 cent. ago and is based on clear logical and moral principles???  some of you people think that christianity is Corrupted religious sects that exists nowadays... someone of you thinks that christianity is a religion-let me say-you are terribly wrong!!! christianity is a culture,not a religion,christianity is logical basis that's more than just simple logical ideals,christianity exists even when you don't know... christianity is kindness,love and all the feelings... just don't mix REAL christianity to Corrupted pseudo-christianity that exists nowadays... read trough lines and you'll see,christ was revolutioneer,leader of free people and not some supernatural being... so being nihilist for me Means not to believe in love,in humanity and kindness.because by giving up christianity,i'll give up my humanity,my rights to love and again by word christianity,i mean a beautiful culture that was created by great man called jesus and that christianity wasn't like nowadays,transformed,mutated,stupifyed and religion-ized remains of it's true forms... talking about this,being nihilist or belief-freak will takes us nowhere (as i said) so just stop talking about this... don't try to category-ze everything... not everyone is NIHILIST or CHRISTIAN or SATANIST or anything... ppl are ppl and they believe in something,animals are animals and they believe in Sex and food.man who doesn't have belief in anything beautiful,can't be called human or loved like a human....  well long talk huh...  

Wednesday 09 March 2011 - 00:59:22
Many Messiahs have come. All to be Born with the exact characteristics as Jesus Christ. But this is a story for another time.

I find Christianity to be fraudulent, but not on it's basics. The lessons taught are actually interesting or practical. But all of the magic, miracles and wonders are just mythical allegory. Christianity could of been a thorough and accepted philosophical school, but instead it has been manipulated to levels of hilarity and Corruption (i.e.: the Westboro Baptist Church).

I have read through the Bible completely 4 times, and some of the lessons are very good. But all of the overzealous visages have made it a moronic cult of arrogance and ignorance.

Wednesday 09 March 2011 - 03:38:51
   christianity IS philosophy.and if you thinking about adam and eve story,christ's sumonning and all other stories as fantasmagoric and magic bullshit,then you are accepting them without looking throgh and uncovering real meaning and then you aren't better than simple minded priests,who were selling tickets to the heaven...  every detail of christianity has it's logical foundation,every fantasmagoric-alike story from bible is metaphraseology and if you read them carefully,you'll see that there's no mistery or magic... it's plain logic hidden behing cover of magic to be more acceptable by simpleminded people but in it's main Core it has logical foundations... you didn't lived in time when jesus was Born as well as i,but whatever he did,he did it with great care,he did it because it was the best way to did it then... and if he masked plain logic with magic elements,that was the best way to offer his ideology to people who were too simpleminded and stupid to understand whole truth of his ideology...

Wednesday 09 March 2011 - 03:52:46
I wonder if you actually read what I put. I said that it IS moronic, but the lessons are hidden Beneath (allegory)

Allegory is a story, a fable of sorts. It is fiction. Stories have deeper meaning without being truth. I do not accept these things as truth, it is utter idiocy to believe these are truth.

And by Christianity not being philosophy, I said it isn't accepted. The actual scripts on the Bible contain lessons that would apply to real life (some of the lessons are bullshit though). Basically in modern times though, it is fallacy. It uses people through lies which are not derived from the original meanings. I don't find it accepted because of it's followers taint. If the followers were to follow their "God's" law for what it is (mythical allegory on morality), then they wouldn't be the idiots they are now (WBC, JW, Mormons).

I do believe that Jesus was human (probably had a different name though), he existed, but all of the things he did were Distorted to be shown as "Godly" or Symbolic reasoning to view him as the Messiah. He was just a person who had a far-right view of morality.

I have understanding of the whole Bible's stories and I understand the allegories' hidden meanings.

But don't take for one second that I am religious. Even if a GOD existed, I would turn my back to it. Why? Look at our world and see.

I am just an Atheist with some nihilistic ideals and perceptions to a low-moderate level. No extremism.

Wednesday 09 March 2011 - 04:02:33
dude that's why i Hate to discuss the theme... because people like YOU will always say-''i'll turn my back to god! why?-look at the world...''  i'm fucking looking at the world and if instead of turning back's to something-we will love,help and understand eachother,we can create new,beautiful world... my GOD is love... nowadays people stopped loving eachother,even hating to talk to each other openheartedly and that Means GOD is dead... people fucking killed it...  i'm smiling to people,trying to show them my love (even if it annoys me),trying to show them how much i love them because they need love,need warmth-my warmth and because of that my GOD is alive... so if you can't see or feel god's presence,that Means you killed it by yourself from being too Cold hearted and there's noone to blame... 
p.s.  if you had any logical -i mean LOGICAL question about why christianity is one of the greatest right cultures,then just ask but before you ask,think about it by yourself.... 

Wednesday 09 March 2011 - 04:51:51
The perspective of the world differs between each and every person.