Death Metal >> Next Level In Technical Death Metal
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 17 July 2011 - 20:02:50

citation :
Panzerjager says : Merc: Portal is the definition of alienating

Well... yeah

Sunday 17 July 2011 - 21:24:53

citation :
Panzerjager says : Nothing can beat death in both technicality and atmosphere

YES INDEED!

Sunday 17 July 2011 - 23:13:47
I like Death. I don't like The Sound of Perseverance. It's a shitty saccharine album full of wank that everybody loves. It's somewhat ironic that people bash modern technical death for its "soulless wankery" as you guys have and yet you fail to realize that not only did that album influence pretty much ALL of those bands, it's full of "soulless wankery" itself!

Human is their best, they were throwing in just the right amount of prog tendencies without being to overindulgent with them. Anything before Human owns, anything after Human is alright but a little too pretentious, and TSoP is shit.

Sunday 17 July 2011 - 23:22:23
Human is definitely their best. It's an amazing album overall, and the only album I seem to like by Death.

Monday 18 July 2011 - 02:56:57
I like all of Death's albums with the exception of Perseverance, but they just don't blow me away like they used to. My favourite album of theirs is Human as well; it's a bit mechanical and rigid in song structure, but it has some of the most Killer riffage and among the most inspired songs of Death's entire output. "Flattening of Emotions", "Lack of Comprehension", and "Cosmic Sea" are probably my favourite Death songs all told.

I think Individual Thought Patterns might've been Death's best album if it didn't have such a horribly plasticky production job. There's some absolutely Killer riffage on that album (I really like the Coroner-isms that show up) and the musicianship is top notch like you'd expect, but the muddy, weak production really hurts what the music has to offer.

Monday 18 July 2011 - 17:19:02
I second what Loudpipes said

Monday 18 July 2011 - 21:37:33
What? no you don't, you said you like The Sound of Perseverance and Loudpipes said:

citation :
Loudpipes says: I like all of Death's albums with the exception of Perseverance

next time try reading what you're seconding.

Tuesday 19 July 2011 - 09:16:42

citation :
Enigmatick says : What? no you don't, you said you like The Sound of Perseverance and Loudpipes said:

citation :
Loudpipes says: I like all of Death's albums with the exception of Perseverance

next time try reading what you're seconding.

I seconded his whole post, not just that one line. really, stop being a smart-ass. i agreed with what loudpipes said about the albums he mentioned

Tuesday 19 July 2011 - 12:27:06
Enig had you there, but he really needs to calm the fuck down.
Tuesday 19 July 2011 - 12:41:01
I suggest everyone take it nice and easy. I'm glad the DM section is a bit more alive than it used to be but it's no excuse to turn it into a battleground.